Page 1 of 3
What was everyone into that came out this year? Dear Landlord - Dream Homes and Banner Pilot - Collapser come to mind for me, but reading this thread will probably jog my memory.
brnh.bandcamp.com
I'm gonna go with Star ****ing Hipsters - Never Rest In Peace.

Yes, now you can all act like assholes and talk about how much you hate Leftover Crack.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Wingnut Dishwashers Union- Burn the Earth, Leave it behind

my second vote goes for the Star ****ing Hipster one though, listened to that one on my ride home from Maine today
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Not technically a record but my vote goes to the Thorns Of Life bootleg from Gilman

If we can do this, then this.

Also I can't really remember what records came out this year >.>
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
"They Came From The Shadows" by Teenage Bottlerocket
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
in reverse-alphabetical order:

Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Dubstep
Regina Spektor - Far
Raekwon - Only Built for Cuban Linx Pt. 2
Psyched to Die - Sterile Walls
Napalm Death - Time Waits for No Slave
Marked Men - Ghosts
Government Warning - Paranoid Mess
Delay - Plain Language
Blakroc
Andrew Jackson Jihad - Can't Maintain
Quote by BostonLacrosse

agreed

followed by rancid-let the dominoes fall
it kicks so much ass. tim armstrong is the punkiest of all punks
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
The Delaware Octopus - House Boat

I don't really know what else came out this year though.

Still, bloody good album
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by axeslash

Yes, now you can all act like assholes and talk about how much you hate Leftover Crack.

i like leftover crack, but i havent heard the star ****ing hipsters album yet. i'm contributing the People or the Gun
Quote by axeslash

That is my vote too... but I don't really pay attention to new albums coming out anymore, so I have no idea if I really heard many albums from the past year.
I haven't listened to any of these albums. 2009 is almost over and the only albums from this past year I've heard have been very disappointing.

Check that, I did hear Let the Dominoes Fall by Rancid but I did not like it.
I'm still waiting to get my copy of the HIDDEN SPOTS LP. I think that might be my number 1 this year. The new THOMAS FUNCTION record was pretty awesome but would've been more awesome if they used this picture of me as the cover.

There were a buncha good 7"s that came out this year but as far as LP's I have no clue. I rarely ever buy them and if I do they're usually pretty old ones.

The new APERS record is pretty awesome too I guess.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
My favorite records this year weren't punk, but 69 Eyes- Back in Blood, AFI- Crash love and I was completely shocked by how much I enjoyed Aiden's Knives so its my honorable mention(subtract 1809 p0nx points from me)
Quote by nashawa
You're my idol, so I must destroy you
Quote by BostonLacrosse

That.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by r-bizzle182
Is it bad that

Quote by r-bizzle182
I found Rancid's new album horrible

no
Quote by r-bizzle182
and that I enjoyed Anti-Flag's new CD?

yes
Moths - Birth of Flower. Though I'm ashamed to say I didn't get around to downloading it until yesterday.
I really really enjoy Cause I Sez So (New York Dolls).

And while it hasn't hit the State's yet, I've really enjoyed the songs I've heard from the new Cute Lepers' album (came out in UK and there are some streaming tracks up). Sounds like it'll be much better than their first one, which was kind of thin for me.
DOWN&OUT
Can't Maintain by Andrew Jackson Jihad. And Mandala by the RX Bandits was incredible for its musicianship, but they're really not too close to punk anymore.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
I doubt any album mention took as much time and effort as Rancids Let the Dominoes Fall album that came out this year.

I'll go with Left Alones self titled. If anyone of those songs doesn't get stuck in your head you probably can't think functionally.
Quote by Jett Diamond
I really really enjoy Cause I Sez So (New York Dolls).

And while it hasn't hit the State's yet, I've really enjoyed the songs I've heard from the new Cute Lepers' album (came out in UK and there are some streaming tracks up). Sounds like it'll be much better than their first one, which was kind of thin for me.

Wait what really?

Where would sell Cute Lepers stuff? Damn...
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by BR0KENHEARTED
I doubt any album mention took as much time and effort as Rancids Let the Dominoes Fall album that came out this year.

I'll go with Left Alones self titled. If anyone of those songs doesn't get stuck in your head you probably can't think functionally.
I always get Left Alone and The Leftovers mixed up. I shouldn't really do that, since one band is good and one is so terrible I can't even listen to a single song all the way through.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by axeslash
I always get Left Alone and The Leftovers mixed up. I shouldn't really do that, since one band is good and one is so terrible I can't even listen to a single song all the way through.

I'm such a tool I refused to listen to the Leftovers just now cuz I didn't like how they dress. They obviously can't be good.

Which one is which to you Matty baby?
The Leftovers both dress and sound better than Left Alone.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
7"
Debaser - Rich White Boys
Daylight - Sinking
Paint it Black - Amnesia; Surrender
Beartrap - Fueled By Self-Hate

LP:
Trapped Under Ice - Secrets of the World
mewithoutYou - It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All A Dream! It's Alright
Title Fight - The Last Thing You Forget
Last Lights - No Past. No Present. No Future.
I have a feeling Im the only one here that liked Let the Dominoes Fall, well the only punk albums I really listened to this year were Let the Dominoes Fall and Supporting Caste.
So I guess either of them.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
I thought Let the Dominoes Fall was OK, but it just kinda sounded like more of the same. I don't own a copy of it and I only listened to it all the way through once though.
Quote by BR0KENHEARTED
I'm such a tool I refused to listen to the Leftovers just now cuz I didn't like how they dress. They obviously can't be good.

Which one is which to you Matty baby?
The Leftovers sound as bad as they dress.
P.S. Eliot - Introverted Romance in Our Troubled Minds
Dear Landlord - Dream Homes
Paint it Black - Amnesia
Paint it Black - Surrender
Lemuria - Ozzy
House Boat - The Delaware Octopus
Brand New - Daisy
Frank Turner- Poetry of the Deed
mewithoutYou- It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All A Dream! It's Alright!
Andrew Jackson Jihad - Can't Maintain
Banner Pilot - Collapser
Birth of Flower - Moths
Thorns of Life - Gilman Bootleg
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Dec 23, 2009,
I love when Collin does my music research for me!

*proceeds to download*

P.S.

P.S. Eliot is a great band name.
The P.S. Eliot album is my favorite album this year. But it's not punx at all. It's folky indie/pop punk.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The 'acoustic' version of the Let The Dominoes Fall CD was brilliant. If you haven't heard that then you haven't even heard the CD. The album was made with the acoustic songs first then made into their 'punk' album. Just youtube the song titles from the album with 'acoustic' in the search to here the original versions. Much better. Banjos FTW.

I ' 'ed a too much. Wine hang overs are baaaaaaaaaad. Zinfandel es not very good on my head right now.
Page 1 of 3