Hey dudes, I've got my Gibson SG Standard here and I've been working on some stuff in Cliffs of Dover and when I'm doing those bends in the intro, it will always throw the strings a bit flat. Driving my ear insane.

I was telling my cousin and he said he had the stock Gibson tuners on his paul and he got some grovers and he never had a problem again. Is this the case with the Gibson tuners?

Thanks & Godbless, my friends.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
well you can try lubing the nut cuts and contact points, as well as a better stringing technique first.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
well you can try lubing the nut cuts and contact points, as well as a better stringing technique first.

Hmm yeah, I suppose my stringing technique sucks, but what do you lube the nut with?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Maybe check out a new nut for it, Gibsons some times end up with bad nuts, I'm not to sure if i'll switch mine out, the guitar stays in tune pretty well
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
for the nut cuts you shave some pencil tip into a power and insert into the cuts using a toothpick.

at saddle contact points you can use light machine oil.

and make sure you arent wrapping the string more than 2-3 times around the tuner with stringing up.
use a cross over move to lock the string in place.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by tr3nt
Hmm yeah, I suppose my stringing technique sucks, but what do you lube the nut with?

Graphite or guitar grease, Which can be bought. And yes, You should learn of more ways to put strings on the tuner post. Also, When I string up I string up kind of like B. B. King does - I put a lot of winds on the post. I never overlap the string with itself though so I have a limit of string, Depending on the gauge it varies.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.