Page 1 of 2
Part one: The Setting

The car slowly pulled into the parking lot of the busy shopping center, people in windbreakers and sweaters running to and fro, trying to complete their Christmas shopping.

I stepped out of my set, and I slowly walked across the gray landscape, dodging and weaving through metal beasts and frantic last minute shoppers.

There it was, "Music Go Round", the music store I constantly frequent, inside on one wall were orchestra instruments, and to the side of it, the acoustic guitars, parallel to that, were the electric guitars and basses, and under them were the amps, ranging from the humble Squier practice amp, to the massive Marshall fullstack in the corner, it was here that I began my journey, the journey to replace my Marshall AVT20 with a much better amp that I could afford with the measly amount of money that I was given by my parental units, a mere 350 dollars, American, not even enough to purchase a decent meal.

Part Two: A Very Boring Battle

With my trusty Les Paul in hand, I battled through the endless waves of Guitar Hero players, beginning kids, wannabe shredders and of course, the dreaded fire-breathing, princess stealing, defender of the castle... The Manager...

Ever watchful, he kept a close eye on me as I went from amp to amp, I knew I had to overcome my foe and fulfill the requirements of the journey that has been bestowed upon me.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted it... in the corner, by itself, it was too easy, I would sneak up on it and plug it with my high voltage rock and roll! But no, not everything goes as planned, it was horrible! It REFUSED to cooperate and it just stayed still. I angrily summoned the demon itself, The Manager, to help me tame this mighty beast. He grabbed it's tail and tied it to the wall, sending a surge through the monster that finally made it do what I want... it was perfect... it... made me feel complete, I felt like I could walk on to a real stage and play for hours to a screaming crowd.

I rolled it over to the beautiful dame behind the register, she gladly rang me up, I coughed up my money and rolled the amp over to the car, where my parental unit awaited to take me and my prize home, the rest? The rest is history...

TL;DR: FOUND AMP, LIKED IT, BOUGHT IT, PICTURES COMING SOON
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Last edited by Scutchington at Dec 21, 2009,
Haha very creative

Now give my the damn pics.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
My Mighty Axe

My Staff

And finally, the mighty beast... the legendary metal monster, Randall itself!

Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

Quote by classicrocker01
Haha very creative

Now give my the damn pics.

This... Exactly
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Yes, yes. Veddy nice, veddy nice.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I present you the only reward greatful enough for this heroic accomplishment.

Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
But alas, my tale of bravery has forgotten to mention the mighty warriors and their incantations that helped me tame the beast.

The warriors and their incantations are...

Kiss: Duece
Kiss: Strutter
Kiss: Shock Me
Megadeth: Tornado of Souls
Iron Maiden: 2 Minutes to Midnight
Pantera: A New Level
Velvet Revolver: Slither
White Zombie: Super-Charger Heaven
Van Halen: On Fire

and last but not least, the might spell that helped me decide to make this my trophy...

Led Zeppelin: Black Dog

Unfortunately my time was limited and I couldn't complete any of these incantations and spells.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by Scutchington
Part one: The Setting

The car slowly pulled into the parking lot of the busy shopping center, people in windbreakers and sweaters running to and fro, trying to complete their Christmas shopping.

I stepped out of my set, and I slowly walked across the gray landscape, dodging and weaving through metal beasts and frantic last minute shoppers.

There it was, "Music Go Round", the music store I constantly frequent, inside on one wall were orchestra instruments, and to the side of it, the acoustic guitars, parallel to that, were the electric guitars and basses, and under them were the amps, ranging from the humble Squier practice amp, to the massive Marshall fullstack in the corner, it was here that I began my journey, the journey to replace my Marshall AVT20 with a much better amp that I could afford with the measly amount of money that I was given by my parental units, a mere 350 dollars, American, not even enough to purchase a decent meal.

Part Two: A Very Boring Battle

With my trusty Les Paul in hand, I battled through the endless waves of Guitar Hero players, beginning kids, wannabe shredders and of course, the dreaded fire-breathing, princess stealing, defender of the castle... The Manager...

Ever watchful, he kept a close eye on me as I went from amp to amp, I knew I had to overcome my foe and fulfill the requirements of the journey that has been bestowed upon me.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted it... in the corner, by itself, it was too easy, I would sneak up on it and plug it with my high voltage rock and roll! But no, not everything goes as planned, it was horrible! It REFUSED to cooperate and it just stayed still. I angrily summoned the demon itself, The Manager, to help me tame this mighty beast. He grabbed it's tail and tied it to the wall, sending a surge through the monster that finally made it do what I want... it was perfect... it... made me feel complete, I felt like I could walk on to a real stage and play for hours to a screaming crowd.

I rolled it over to the beautiful dame behind the register, she gladly rang me up, I coughed up my money and rolled the amp over to the car, where my parental unit awaited to take me and my prize home, the rest? The rest is history...

TL;DR: FOUND AMP, LIKED IT, BOUGHT IT, PICTURES COMING SOON

dude, your mom drove you to the store AND gave you 350?
yeay-mom, is she married?
Quote by sethp
dude, your mom drove you to the store AND gave you 350?
yeay-mom, is she married?

Actually it was my dad, the 350 was actually money I saved up that he gave me for my birthday and the money he gave me to buy myself a christmas present.

*ahem* I mean, the parental unit that drove me and gave me the money was actually my father, he drove me to the store and back home again.
Quote by RU Experienced?

epic
and lol about the meal part
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
epic
and lol about the meal part

Glad you enjoyed the story, it was all off the top of my head.
Quote by RU Experienced?

A very nice twist on New Amp Day's, I applaud you sir.

Happy new amp day as well.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
Quote by Hesh_09
A very nice twist on New Amp Day's, I applaud you sir.

Happy new amp day as well.

I felt like I had to do something different for this NAD, because lately most of them have been "lol i just bought <insert amp here> no pic but it good"

And thanks, I love the amp, one of the best solid states you can get too.
Quote by RU Experienced?

That mockingbird is gorgeous.
HNAD
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
for making me laugh.

Nice amp btw.

NHAD
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Love it ... EPIC NAD
Ibanez RG1570 (06) LTD Truckster (07) Fender USA Standard Strat (97) Blackstar HT5s ,TC Polytune, SHO Clone, Russian Muff pi, EHX Small Clone, MXR Carbon Copy, Marshall Reflector, MXR 10 Band EQ
nice one broseph, at least you did something unique instead of ripping off Matrix Claw like everyone else.

READ: No one can make us guess except MC, all you will achieve is pissing people off and making yourself the target of future rapes.

But why did you bring your LP? I wouldn't bother because i've yet to see a guitar shop that doesn't stock a Les Paul.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Awesome.

HNAD, I love the RG100s.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Your story was more impressive that the amp, but still, HNAD!
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Nice story.
HNAD
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Thank you all for the positive comments, and to the person who asked why I brought my Les Paul, I brought it because everything in the Les Pauls they stock are, well, stock, though mine is pretty stock, the pickups are the Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded set, the metal covers were put on by me.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by TOMMYB22
nice one broseph, at least you did something unique instead of ripping off Matrix Claw like everyone else.

READ: No one can make us guess except MC, all you will achieve is pissing people off and making yourself the target of future rapes.

Guess I missed this comment! lmao

HNAD!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

Guess I missed this comment! lmao

HNAD!

Thanks MatrixClam! Er... Claw!
Quote by RU Experienced?

Damn, I wish that story would of been 2 more pages longer or something. Nice....
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Sweet HNAD, I was gonna be pissed if it was a blues junior......

But it wasn't, Good read. sweet amp. Go make some Tonez.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Thanks for all the positive comments, when I posted the story all I was expecting was one or two comments such as "too long, its an mg" or "your a nerd, you bought an mg right?"
Quote by RU Experienced?

That was awesome. Thank you sir!
James Cameron should have spent many years and millions of dollars making this into a film instead of Avatar

HNAD!

(I've just been to see Avatar, it was meh..)
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
That was awesome. Thank you sir!
James Cameron should have spent many years and millions of dollars making this into a film instead of Avatar

HNAD!

(I've just been to see Avatar, it was meh..)

Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by SimplyBen
I've just been to see Avatar, it was meh..

What did you expect from the director that made history's biggest sob film (which also is history's longest bladder blaster)?

Its like its like expecting Quentin Tarantino to make a sobby love flick that is devoid of guns, knifes, blood and gore!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Dec 22, 2009,
I played through that exact same amp with a LTD Viper-417, and awesome did it sound ;D
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
HNAD.
A good choice
Now stop reading and go play!
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by R.D
HNAD.
A good choice
Now stop reading and go play!

Been playing and lurking the interwebs for the past... I unno... 7 or 8 hours.

Love the amp, ****ing love it.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by TOMMYB22
But why did you bring your LP? I wouldn't bother because i've yet to see a guitar shop that doesn't stock a Les Paul.
Not all Les Pauls are the same. Very few of them come with my preferred Jazz/JB combo, for example. If I were getting a new amp, I'd need to know how my SD Jazz sounded through it first.

TS, brilliant NAD, but "parental unit" sounds silly, points off for that. However, that Mockingbird is sick, so points returned. High five.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
fun story

i miss the days where i could accept money from my parents guilt free, reality sucks. i haven't taken any money from them for 8+ years(guessing)

mmm gift/free/birthday/xmas money
mmmmm
Page 1 of 2