So, during a recent gig, it bacame apparent that there was a need for some kind of volume boost. Now, as it was an unpaid gig, I have no money, so my idea is this:

A volume 'boost' pedal, which is in reality, a pot (which controls the differentiation of the volumes) and a switch that controls whether it's 'boosted' or not.
Now, due to my lack of funds, it won't actually be a boost pedal, but rather when it's 'boosted' it is in reality just bypassing the pot, and when it's njot boosted, it's going through the pot, limiting the sound.

Here's a diagram I tentatively wipped up:

So... yes?
couldnt you do the same thing with the volume control on your guitar?
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
no, that won't boost it. when it's at full it'll just be the same as your guitar turned up. full signal. it would only be able to turn it down.

just build this http://www.buildyourownclone.com/confidence.html

it's only $15, it's really easy if you can follow instructions and solder, and it works really well.

you might wanta buy a switch, a pot, an enclosure, and a dc jack though.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Dec 22, 2009,
Quote by The4thHorsemen
no, that won't boost it. when it's at full it'll just be the same as your guitar turned up. full signal. it would only be able to turn it down.

just build this http://www.buildyourownclone.com/confidence.html

it's only $15, it's really easy if you can follow instructions and solder, and it works really well.

I realise it won't boost, but the plan was that when it was 'unboosted' it was runnig into the pot, to turn it down (i would have it set up so that at that point my amp volume would be correct for non-soloing) but when it was 'boosted' it bypassed the pot, not really boosting it, but rather getting rid of the resistance.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
well, yea. that would kinda work. I still say go with the confidence booster though.

I'll have to take a look at my fianances, coz that sure does look better, what do you know about shipping to Australia?
I'm not sure. this page lists some distributors, but I just checked out the australian one and I couldn't find the confidence booster. dunno man, I'm not sure if BYOC itself will ship international, but maybe one of their other distributors has it and will.