Page 1 of 12
Starting now, until after this thread is de-stickied, this is the only thread for NADs, NPDs, etc.

All other new gear threads will be closed. Please direct your new guitar threads to the sticky in EG.

Happy Holidays!

Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Probably, but it should cut down on some of the clutter.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
That's why this thread is great. You can make a single post about getting a pedal instead of creating a new thread. If everyone who got a pedal posted a thread, that would get a bit ridiculous.

EDIT: ^Yes, probably.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Good idea, but could get a bit jumbled up.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
, I prefer it how it is.

Everyone loves seeing N_Ds anyway, don't they?

I think it would be nice for each user to just get their own thread, else if somebody in here posts a *insert epic amp here*, and someone posts a*insert average pedal here*, everyone will reply to their post, leaving the other to die.

Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Aww, I wanted my own special thread

I won't make any promises, but I'll try to have a couple of goodies before January, depending on when I go to the store and/or how long shipping takes.
Once these threads are gone. Probably shortly after the New Year.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
I was about to question this idea... but then I realised... 'Hmm... xmas coming up'.

Good idea
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Sorry, Kyle, but this is a horrible idea. I don't know whose idea it was to make these stickies but I think its just plain stupid. Sure it may eliminate some clutter but it also eliminates all of the fun and excitement of having your very own N_D thread.

I for one am opposed to this.
Okay, I'm sorry there's so much opposition, but from here on out, PM me, if you want to complain. This thread doesn't need to be filled with that sort of stuff before anyone even posts a N_D.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
PEOPLES OF THE HUMBLE GG AND A! I return again with good newz. I've been accepted to school. Per my father's agreement that upon entry to college, the aquisition of a new amplification device will happen.

Price:
I want to keep the price under 1500 for a head, than i'll snag some type of 2x12 and be on my way
Sounds Wanted:
I'm interested in something with a british voicing- but am open to suggestions. I like a fair amount again- Enough gain to nail those AiC, King's X, Galactic Cowboys, and Megadeth (early 90s heavy metal/late 80s thrash) and really clean up when the volume is rolled down. I really want a single channel amp
Specs:
I'm looking at used Splawn Pro-Mod and late 70s Marshall JMPs. I'm not opposed to going used.
DOZE IT NOW!
^Wait, what? Now this thread is for gear recs too?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Splawn
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
HTH: This thread is just to replace NGDs. You can still make threads asking for advice down below, or post in the appropriate existing threads.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Well, I got a Peavy Vypyr 15w and a line 6 pocket pod...
Last edited by ChrisrMS at Dec 22, 2009,
I just got a Schecter Hellraiser C-7 yesterday, its a beautiful...thing...with..perfect curves...
=D
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Actually, they are not bad tools for starting out. Just don't combine them obviously.

Yeah, I'm extremely happy with them, I was just shrugging because no one had really posted any Christmas Gear yet...
Quote by Arterial
I just got a Schecter Hellraiser C-7 yesterday, its a beautiful...thing...with..perfect curves...
=D

Post pictures!
Schecter is awesome.
^ When it vanishes, it's safe.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I've got a suspicion of what my dad got me...

Halfstack content is likely to appear here in 3-4 days.

Edit: Oh, and I guess I'll stick this pic here of my early Christmas present.

Last edited by Alex Vik at Dec 22, 2009,
^ YAY! First Real NAD!
Lol Happy NAD my friend.
Cant wait to see the halfstack. =p
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by Rockerdude22
Cant wait to see the halfstack. =p

Me neither. Only problem is, I can't find the cabinet.

Maybe my dad and grandma split the price and are gonna each give me half of it.
Well, this is technically guitar gear since I record guitars with it and occasionally play guitar through amp sims and whatnot, so here goes:

It's Ableton Suite 8, upgraded to the super deluxe awesome full version last night, thanks dad! In the end, I got $1350 worth of software for $270! He also got me a Korg nanoKontrol and my grandma got me an Ableton messenger bag to carry all my equipment in. Pics will be added later.

I spent about ten hours on the song in the screencap today, and it's still not finished. I can't believe how awesome all of these instruments are, and the box with the DVDs, stickers, and extra content is still in the mail.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Ok, since my thread got closed I'll post my New Speaker Day here.

Hi folks, I bought myself an Eminence Ragin Cajun 10" 75watt speaker for my Fender Super Champ XD. It was supposed to be a christmas present for myself but I couldn't resist and had to test it today ......don't blame me
The result is amazing, it sounds so....so...crunchy....can't put it into words. Love the sound.
Sorry for the crappy pictures but my digicam is broken so I had to take the photos with my phone
Anyways, here are the pictures:

Control your destiny.
Well here's my christmas gear (payed for by myself), because I finally got my bonus (they held it since April due to the economic crisis).

Almost got a guitar to match, but then I remembered I promised my wife a new couch too, so...

HiWatt Hi Gain 50 watt combo:

Big Muff Pi and Dunlop CryBaby:

The amp is great and can do hardrock and metal just fine, but I got the Big Muff as well because I wanted to get that Black Sabbath / Electric Wizard sound for so long now.

Happy new stuff holidays to the rest of you as well!
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Nice one von gelb...How are those Hiwatts? Do they do great classic rock tones? Good cleans?
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Nice stuff guys, this thread is off to a good start. Which is good, because I LOVE this thread.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Nice stuff guys, this thread is off to a good start. Which is good, because I LOVE this thread.

Is it possible for this too be dripping with anymore sarcasm? I can practicaly see it dripping
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
Is it possible for this too be dripping with anymore sarcasm? I can practicaly see it dripping

Nah, I actually will like this thread if it is mostly just pictures and posts of new gear, instead of a bunch of spam from Boston fans.

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!