i would like to buy a guitar and install some floyd (original ) a dimarsio super distortion and a seymour duncan 59 on it or something else

but which are good gutiars to bade mod on because one time somebody told me that put some new humbuckers on a les paul 100 (mi guitar) wasnt a good idea because it wasnt a good gutiar so thats my question

can you help me out here D:??
Quote by Invader Jim
lrn to grammar plz.

Get a Squier Affinity. Best modding guitar you can buy. They are even made of real wood. Yes, I'm being serious.

they are thar great O.o???
I take it your question is: What type of guitars are best for modding.
Well, a FR system and 2 brand humbuckers are bound to cost quite a bit, so you'd probably want the guitar to be somewhat cheap. Then again, it might be weird if your new parts alone cost more than the guitar itself.
My suggestions: Some Ibanez RG (these have been quite popular, they often have a lot of the necessary routings done as is ---> new pickups are less of a pain to install.) or as stated before, a Squier of some type...

I dunno, your choice, I'd say RG.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
pick up a used mexi strat. i modded and refinised (or unfinished/vintaged) it and put in two humbuckers.

strats/teles are by far the easyiest
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
hello kitty squire is the ultimate mod guitar

you'll look like a bad ass and it's already routed for humbuckers
Isn't the Affinity too thin for an OFR, unless you shorten the block?

Wouldn't a Standard Squier do better, even though its made from agathasis instead of alder?

It should be the same thickness as a MIM or MIA Strat...

Lotsa work putting an OFR on any Strat. Why not just get a cheap Jackson, Ibanez, Schecter, or LTD from a pawnshop already routed for a rose (it'll probably have 24 frets if it has an LFR). Then just put the OFR on if the LFR is really beyond setup.

Also you won't have the pick-guard issues that way, either...

Just make sure it's not HSS unless ya wanna route for the buckers...
Quote by spitonastranger
hello kitty squire is the ultimate mod guitar

you'll look like a bad ass and it's already routed for humbuckers

jajaja i was just thinking about that guitar xD that guitar would be a really rock mashie if it has same floyd rose on it r___r
Ibanez RG are the obvious choice, They are decent guitars (mostly) with notoriously mediocre trems and pickups. The Cort KX-5 FR would be similar though the FR on it is not bad at all.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lewadra
Then again, it might be weird if your new parts alone cost more than the guitar itself.

its not that weird. i had an old jackson ps-1 ($20) and i put $1000+ into it. it sounds and looks great.
yes
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
buy used of ebay/craigslist/pawn shop

best bet to find a mod guitar because sometimes they have missing parts which means u pay less
An OFR will fit the route for any Ibanez Edge III trem. Which isn't as bad as people say. Mine has held up just fine for over 2 years now, with frequent whammy abuse--used to be daily abuse when it was my Drop D guitar. And I also have an original Ibanez Edge trem to compare it to. It's not showing any wear (exept the finish) and I've only had to tune after string changes, never between.
I suggest a guitar from rondomusic.com I believe you can fit an OFR in all of the Douglas guitars with FR routing. I have a WR-340 *love it* If you want I can measure the routing for you. You could also get a RR style flying V with 2 humbuckers, floyd rose, Mahogany body, set maple neck. And I believe someone on the agileguitarforum said they were able to just drop in an OFR on there WT-460 which has the same LFR as the SH-1, WR-340, and WRL-595. In other words they are perfect for upgrading and modding since what you really pay for with those guitars is the body and neck.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Dec 23, 2009,
^ ding ding ding

Agiles especially are amazing guitars for the price.

they, along with squiers are very common modding guitars
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
yeah i have seign agile gutiars for a while in rondo music and the construction and woods looks great
Dude read what you type...It's horrible.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by monstratlp
i would like to buy a guitar and install some floyd (original ) a dimarsio super distortion and a seymour duncan 59 on it or something else

but which are good gutiars to bade mod on because one time somebody told me that put some new humbuckers on a les paul 100 (mi guitar) wasnt a good idea because it wasnt a good gutiar so thats my question

can you help me out here D:??

a USED guitar

i got "Project 2" (in my sig) for $455 shipped

and "Project 3" for $250
I agree with those who said the Squier Affinity Series. Pretty inexpensive and at the same time [in my opinion at least] of good quality.
So I don't get it, why doesn't anyone like Squiers?

GEAR:
Red Affinity Series Squire Fat Strat [guitar]

Little Big Muff Pi [pedal]