Hi,
I have been playing for about 2 years.
Sometimes when I play I get sore wrists (mostly recently - have been practicing sweep arpeggios and lots of legato recently), and I have a question.
I constantly monitor my wrist posture and make sure im relaxed with my left hand and correct myself and take breaks and stretch my wrist. The pain isn't that bad I can tell though that my wrists are being a little strained. I also have kind of small wrists. Body type thing or w.e. Is this something that will become less and less of a problem as time goes on and my wrists get stronger? I am thinking of getting a tennis ball or a stress ball to squeeze to strengthen my wrist.
Any comments or suggestions?
Thanks
When you sweep, make sure it's your fingers that walk up and down the neck. I've seen too many people use their wrist to move through the shapes. It's just another way of rolling your wrist and that makes it easier to play. Go slow and gradually speed up while keeping a close eye on your wrist to make sure it's staying pretty straight. It's ok if it bends a bit, as long as it doesn't cause any tension, but you want to make sure that all the power and motion comes from your fingers.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
When you sweep, make sure it's your fingers that walk up and down the neck.

okay thanks for the tips I'll start checking for that