Poll: where should the setting be
Poll Options
View poll results: where should the setting be
Same city
2 20%
Different city (please specify)
8 80%
Voters: 10.
This thread doesn't need to be open for very long.

Ok, so I am working on this story right now (finals are over so I am trying to catch up on writing again) and I can't decide where this next chapter should take place.

to briefly sum up what is going on. The main character for one reason or another, has run away from his supposed home. You learn why as the chapter progresses. Anyway, in this chapter he will go through a series of unfortunate events that will lead him back to his home in the end.

anyway, since he has run away. I can't decide whether to change the setting or keep the same one. So should this chapter take place in a new city in another part of the world, and if so where and why (It can be anywhere really) or should it be in the same city that he always lived in, which is New York.

Ok thats basically it, so go my pit buddies.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Different city, but close.

If its NYC, try Something like right over in Jersey...Or maybe upstate in Albany...or in Binghamton (Where i'm from)

Its away from what he fled, but not too far from what he knows

EDIT:

But since its NYC maybe he runs from wealth in Manhattan to the ghetto of Harlem? Or Coney Island...

See what i"m saying?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Last edited by TunerAddict at Dec 22, 2009,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
That sounds awful.

Maybe.. He has to go to another city because New York was nuked. And he can't go back because the radiation levels are still to much.

So he freezes himself, and goes back to New York in the future to find his family as immortal mutants.

I fail to see the awfulness of it, I didn't really tell you anything about the story just a general synopsis of whats going to happen. How its going to happen and why I decided not to say

and feel free to put the new city you wish to see him in as far (or close if you must) from NYC as possible, the sky really is the limit here.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
He moves to New Zeeland and has very intimate relationships with goats.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Quote by alaskan_ninja
How about you write your own story and stop asking us to do it for you.

Yeah, How dare people ask for a ****ing constructive opinion! I mean the nerve of some people.

Now that thats out of the way, I think it should be away from NYC but somewhere fairly close. Or, if you have a way you can really fit in anywhere make him go to the other side of the world.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by alaskan_ninja
How about you write your own story and stop asking us to do it for you.

there is a reason you are in my sig

if I wanted to do something like that all I need to do is create another "write a story" thread like I did when I was new to this site (except that was a song but the concept still applies) in fact I'll prove it to you I'll do it tomorrow (its 1 am here)
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58