I was thinking this could be used as a general thread for this forum.

Anyway, I just saw that my review for "The DVD" from Parkway Drive was rejected. And before you say anything, yes, that is the real name of the DVD.

Usually I can understand why my contribution gets rejected. But not this time. There are no other reviews for this, and it's not like my review was COMPLETE crap. I mean, I've written worse (like that Killswitch Engage review I did), and I've seen much worse approved (lots).

So was there something big and blatant that I just did wrong? Any insight would be appreciated.
happens to everyone.
Quote by Nor'Easterbass
alucardmik is actually from the outer rings of jupiter and likes to drink goat milk while rubbing his nipples counterclockwise. so i hear...
Haha, it's clearly because your proposed contribution wasn't of an acceptable standard, duh.

P.S. Noone cares about Parkway Drive
Quote by jimi_hendrix_2
Haha, it's clearly because your proposed contribution wasn't of an acceptable standard, duh.

P.S. Noone cares about Parkway Drive

Maybe not that one but apparently 35 of my other contributions (including 26 other reviews) were. I've got a bit of a track record to vouch for my quality of work.

P.S. No one cares about your opinion.

Exit's that way.

EDIT: Word up, Chuckles
Last edited by jetfuel495 at Dec 22, 2009,
The Pending Submissions thread generally covers this.

Chances are it's important to realise that it's Christmas, and the UG Christmas break will be coming soon. In the mean time, show me your review and I'll look it over and tell you what sort of reasoning they might have had.
Quote by Colohue
The Pending Submissions thread generally covers this.

Chances are it's important to realise that it's Christmas, and the UG Christmas break will be coming soon. In the mean time, show me your review and I'll look it over and tell you what sort of reasoning they might have had.

Oh, that's right, I remember being there at the beginning of this year

Well, the guidelines in the thread would have made sense if my review was still pending. But having it flat out denied is a bit different.

The DVD has already been released.

UG may or may not be waiting for a professional review, but IMO, it doesn't seem like it. It's been a while since it was released.

Maybe everything is backed up from the Christmas rush, but then it would make more sense to keep it pending rather than rejecting it.

I don't know how I can show you my review. Since it's denied, I can't access it. I only saved part of the review to my hard drive, if I recall.
The review is good. So don't worry. I temporary deleted it for some technical reasons because of that title "The DVD". I'll upload it soon... next year prob...
Quote by jetfuel495
Ah, I see. Well, yeah, unfortunately, that is the title of the DVD As long as no one else gets their review of that up before mine, it's all good

Oh and just wondering, I wouldn't have to resubmit it, will I? I don't have my own copy of the review.

I have 2 reviews of that DVD already. But yours will be at first place, I promise.
You don't have to resubmit it. And that status of the review in your profile will be changed from "Denied" to "Approved".