Yet another request for a review on my mixing and tones.

Here I did something a little different. It's titled "Legend of dragoon cover" on my profile, top of the list. yes it was renamed >_> and in progress.

Hows it sound against "Sound Test" A, B, and C???

Much thanks for all those that have helped out so far )

This mix here has a master effects chain placed, eq and compression, limiter

as take mentioned, the playing is indeed sloppy, I tried to make up for sloppy playing with slicing and editing - and following with what cath said, I'm placing another up there without the master addons
Last edited by Night at Dec 22, 2009,
Listened to Sample Test A. Playing is sloppy, guitar tones aren't bad though. I hear some clipping particularly when the hi hats are hit, back off on the limiting.
Quote by CatharsisStudio
thanks man you are getting there. see i used ot throw all that stuff on my master while mixing, now i don't i mix first get it sounding huge then master it
try it

I guess I should start out by getting me some monitors at least. no doubt it doesn't help with using the comp speakers >_< although I'm afraid of going too cheap
200$ a pair I'd think I would be pushing the stingy factor a bit much
Quote by Night
I guess I should start out by getting me some monitors at least. no doubt it doesn't help with using the comp speakers >_< although I'm afraid of going too cheap
200$ a pair I'd think I would be pushing the stingy factor a bit much

A sweet pair I would suggest would be the KRK Rockit 5s. They run $300 a pair (If you wanted to spend a few extra bucks, a few sites have the KRK 5s bundled with a few extra mics for $350-380). I've listened to them side by side with pretty much everything in their price range (Mackies, M-Audios, Ect.) and the best everytime was the KRKs
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp