i play metal in drop c, i have an rgr421ex and use a boss metal zone2 looking at buying a half stack on a budget,something to play gigs with and rehearse and record with down the track,so either same brand head and quad or 2 different brands some thoughts would be great cheers
What kinds of metal? Any other musical styles?
What is your budget?
Willing to go used?

Just some blind recommendations, since I don't have enough info: Peavey 6505, 5150.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
mudvayne,life of agony,bring me the horizon,hatebreed
na man just metal
willing to go used
up to $700
omg, you will not get anything here in australia, you'd be lucky to get the cab for that much
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by sammo_boi
omg, you will not get anything here in australia, you'd be lucky to get the cab for that much

Bugera.
i have a behringer lx210 combo 120 watt not loud enough in rehearsals i need something with balls
keep in mind that VALVE wattage is different that Solidstate wattage. so a 50 watt valve amp would roughly be the equivalent of what you've got now. also, the volume has nothing to do with your amp having 'balls', it's to do with the fact that it's a behringer model that isn't really anything but a really loud practice amp.

most tube amps 30 watts and higher will sound nice and fat and ballsy when turned up. if you don't need a lotta cleans, which it seems like you don't, i definitely recommend a 50 watt valve amp of some sort, that way you can crank for nice valve driven metal tones, and not worry about cleans at all. if you have separate master volumes for your channels, though, it's not hard to keep your cleans clean with a 50 watter when cranked.

the new peavey 6550 + combo might be worth looking at, as well as some nice SS amps (not crappy SS ones), such as Randall and Line6 Flextone/Vetta models.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
yes, tubes and valves are the same. recently i've been trying to say the correct terminology, which is 'valves.' i think a lotta people like saying 'tube' amps b/c they're running off of vacuum tubes.

and no problemo.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out