This is something that has been on my mind for a bit recently. "Traditional" style metal, and Thrash metal seem to be coming back into the metal world. I have been wondering which one is most likely to succeed. Thrash seems to be doing much better for now, but there's a lot of shit bands in my opinion. So the question is, which do you think will last longer? Bands that resemble the NWOBHM or the new Thrash bands, and why? thank you
It doesn't matter to me what's in, I sift through the crap and find stuff I enjoy.
And shitty core bands are the wave, not thrash.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I haven't heard of the many bands that resemble the early thrash or British metal bands and if there are a handfull, it'd surely be less than enough to be called a 'wave'. Although there has been a recent wave of 'prog' and 'alt' metal, I think we'll see a bit more of that in the near future.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Isn't there metal sub-forum for this junk?

Oh wait. Yes there is. Go there.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
It's not really a wave, but it is new bands. Lots of thrash bands, and less obscure NWOBHM-sounding bands. I just wanna know what the metalheads think will go further. I don't care which does, but I'm curious about this. It's not about what's in, just what will last longer in your opinions.
I thought Prog Metal and Math Metal were on the move? I'm sure hoping they are, with bands such as Periphery.

^Yeah they are.
Quote by NWOBHM12345
It's not really a wave, but it is new bands. Lots of thrash bands, and less obscure NWOBHM-sounding bands. I just wanna know what the metalheads think will go further. I don't care which does, but I'm curious about this. It's not about what's in, just what will last longer in your opinions.

I don't think it will last long at all. The reason being that while all those old bands are good and fine the way they were, these new bands that try to replicate various old heavy metal band styles are merely just reminiscent of what these old bands were. As a listener, I myself wouldn't be attracted to listening to these new bands copying the vibe of old scene bands, rather I'd listen to the old bands themselves .
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
Quote by Shredoftheday
^Yeah they are.

I don't think it will last long at all. The reason being that while all those old bands are good and fine the way they were, these new bands that try to replicate various old heavy metal band styles are merely just reminiscent of what these old bands were. As a listener, I myself wouldn't be attracted to listening to these new bands copying the vibe of old scene bands, rather I'd listen to the old bands themselves .

Thank you for actually answering my question.
Quote by NWOBHM12345
Thank you for actually answering my question.

No problem In future, maybe converse subjects such as this in the metal sub-forum
( https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=36 ) perhaps in already existing topics such as 'the only thrash metal thread'
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
Quote by Hybrid_Xer0
There is heaps of neothrash revival bands exploding atm but it's just not as good.

Well, there are a few good bands who label themselves as neo-thrash, but of course these are ones who already fuse existing modern elements of composition with that of typical thrash metal, opposed to the bands who merely regurgitate Metallica riffs. And example of this would be LORD from Aus, who's style is somewhat of a fusion of thrash and power metal. There are also some already existing bands which have taken on a Thrash or NWOBHM approach to their music, namely the band 3 Inches of Blood, with their latest album, although it wasn't critically received all that well
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
Quote by NWOBHM12345
This is something that has been on my mind for a bit recently. "Traditional" style metal, and Thrash metal seem to be coming back into the metal world. I have been wondering which one is most likely to succeed. Thrash seems to be doing much better for now, but there's a lot of shit bands in my opinion. So the question is, which do you think will last longer? Bands that resemble the NWOBHM or the new Thrash bands, and why? thank you

i specialize in thrash and the best newest bands in my opinion are warbringer and bonded by blood but there are many more good ones (yet still some that suck)
Quote by Riffofthebeast
i specialize in thrash and the best newest bands in my opinion are warbringer and bonded by blood but there are many more good ones (yet still some that suck)

Another good one is Evile, although they're leaning more towards a proggyer and more mature side of thrash.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
I agree. Bonded by Blood, Mw, Gama Bomb, Evile, Diamond Plate (****in amazin). I haven't heard too much worthwhile traditional metal based stuff, because the modern production doesn't work with it I think.