Hey people
Yeah wanting a new axe for metal mainly. Don't want trem as its too much of a 'faff' if you don't really use one.
Just wondering if theres someone here that uses an Ibanez RGR321EX and could vouche for it?

Thanks!
Regards , Zoof.
trems are the shit.

BUT. i am a fixed bridge junky. the RGR321EX is just a (im assuming) red sunbirst type thing with a reverse head stock.

besides the cosmetic factors it is just an RG321 which is ibanez's base guitar (that bares the true ibanez logo, ie. not a grg etc. etc.)

its a solid guitar and wont let you down. BUT. it doenst play like a handmade guitar (obviously).

but its definately shredable and sounds fat with some decent pickups.

its a great base guitar.
*Enter Sig Here*
i looking at getting one soon for a project.

on a side note i have an mtm2
which is fricken awesome and i recommend it. it looks much more "metal" than the rgr321ex cause of the blank fretboard and painted neck. check it out dude.

either way both guitars would need a pickup upgrade for metal. i went with a rockmonkey SOB for mine.

Nath
Oh mate! The mtm2 , its Floyd Rose isn't it ?

Because if it isn't , it would actually be perfect
Quote by Zoofie
Oh mate! The mtm2 , its Floyd Rose isn't it ?

Because if it isn't , it would actually be perfect

No the bridge on the MTM2 is fixed.
Oh awesome!
Sorry to keep posting on this thread.
But i heard rumours that its a swine to tune :O
Is this true :O?
When it's a floating bridge yes it's a bitch to tune as you'll need to do the balancing trick which sort of takes a while if you're a no0b. Though with the bridge fixed if you treat it like a regular bridge you shouldn't have any problem though that's not certain since I've set up that bridge before but it doesn't look too complicated like.
Yeah i had a Floyd Rose floating awile ago , it was a total pain!!!

So the MTM2 comes fixed?
dude its piss easy to tune. the only tuning problem you'll have is changing whole steps, like from drop d to drop c cause then you'll need an alan key to lossen the locking nut. but the fine tuners are more than enough for tuning tweeks from day to day. its very stable once tuned. i really love it lol.

but the V8 pickup in the bridge isnt aggressive enough for metal so you'll need to swap it out
its a bit more expensive but its well worth it cause in my opinion the bridge is good and comfortable when it comes to palm muting. and blank fretboards are just ****ing sexy

Nath
Quote by Zoofie
Yeah i had a Floyd Rose floating awile ago , it was a total pain!!!

So the MTM2 comes fixed?

Yes it's a fixed bridge. Now go buy it and take pretty pictures us to gander at.
I got an RGR321EX for around 3-4 years now and no complaints Only reason i'm uprading to an S5470 is the fact i want a whammy bar:p