hey dudes,so i'm back with a decent title.alright so here's the issue.i've got myself a tube king overdrive pedal by Ibanez. and could anyone who owns it too give me some advice? do i have to maintain it the way i would maintain a tube amp? like waiting it for it to cool down before turning it off or anything like that? i'm not that sure how to take care of a tube amp as i do not own one. but can anyone tell me what should i do with the tube king before and after playing or any infomation that is of any use.

Thanks.
Nah, don't worry about it. Preamp tubes are pretty resilient, and cheap... Just don't throw it around too much and you'll be fine.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Nah, don't worry about it. Preamp tubes are pretty resilient, and cheap... Just don't throw it around too much and you'll be fine.

I see..Thanks,mate.

Tube's right, there's nothing in there to worry about.

I will add that I had a lot of luck swapping that tube around.
Never liked it stock, but it played far better after trying a few, I settled on an EH 12au7.
Quote by Rutch
Tube's right, there's nothing in there to worry about.

I will add that I had a lot of luck swapping that tube around.
Never liked it stock, but it played far better after trying a few, I settled on an EH 12au7.

how much do you think i can get from selling it? do shops do trade?
Quote by gisobon
how much do you think i can get from selling it? do shops do trade?

Ya some shops do trades. If its in good condition expect to get around 50-70% of its retail value.

Edit: Oh wait, do you mean the stock tube? No you're not really gonna be able to sell it, since its only worth about $10 at most. The stuff above this was if you wanted to sell/trade the pedal.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Dec 22, 2009,
Quote by tubetime86
Ya some shops do trades. If its in good condition expect to get around 50-70% of its retail value.

Edit: Oh wait, do you mean the stock tube? No you're not really gonna be able to sell it, since its only worth about $10 at most. The stuff above this was if you wanted to sell/trade the pedal.

stock tube? yeah i meant selling or trading the entire pedal.
Quote by gisobon
stock tube? yeah i meant selling or trading the entire pedal.

Oh ok, then ya expect to get 50-70% of MSRP if its in good condition. Guitar Center or other stores would probably give you less in a trade, though.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you ask how to care for it, then immediately ask how much you could get for selling it?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Oh ok, then ya expect to get 50-70% of MSRP if its in good condition. Guitar Center or other stores would probably give you less in a trade, though.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you ask how to care for it, then immediately ask how much you could get for selling it?

haha i'm thinking of keeping this baby with me for the next 2 years,so i wanna keep it in a good condition so that i can sell it if need be.i know tube king isn't the best pedal out there and that there are so many more pedals that are suited for my kind of taste that i just haven't tried yet.i doubt the selling price will drop (as in 2009 is 50-70% then 2010 becomes 30-50%).know what i mean?
No, there is really nothing other than cosmetics that will affect the resale. Just don't scratch it up and you'll be fine.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I really liked the pedal. I could get a whole slew of tones from it. On top of the fact that it makes a great OD pedal to drive my Marshall.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society