Page 1 of 2
Business course at uni or a Engineering course at uni?

It's either majoring in Telecommunications in engineering or Global Supply Chain in business.

Which one will make me more money?
Business graduates are dime a dozen. At least an engineering degree has some weight to it.

Though I would say do whichever one you enjoy more.
screw business, what a friggin dull time that would be

engineering ftw.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by davrossss

To quote the Beatles

"I don't care too much for money, stop wasting the pits time"

The Pit is serious business.
Quote by blue_strat
The Pit is serious business.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by davrossss

To quote the Beatles

To quote myself

"Stop wasting my/your own time writing useless posts"

I enjoy each subject equally at the moment, so I'm really stuck. Im told engineers are always needed in the industry though.

EDIT: The pit was made for time wasting
Quote by Hybrid_Xer0
To quote myself

"Stop wasting my/your own time writing useless posts"

I enjoy each subject equally at the moment, so I'm really stuck. Im told engineers are always needed in the industry though.

EDIT: The pit was made for time wasting

Thats what i use it fer.

And anyways, thats what i want to get into in a few years. Im a junior in high school, and im going for an engineering thingy.
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
Engineering, speaking as a Biomedical Engineering student, Doing engineering in Uni was one of the best choices i've ever made
Business= Hot girls in your class

Engineer...not so much
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I've decided that Paul Gilbert's hands have no method of communication with his brain. they exist as separate sentient beings each with an IQ of 400.
I sometimes think it would've been cool to go into Engineering rather than Biology.

Business I'd like to see go the way of the dodo.

On the other hand, Engineering classes tend to be total sausage-fests. Do what your heart tells ya.
So much hate against Business, but it can get you pretty high if you're good at it. Engineers are always useful, but not that well paid if not at the top of the ladder. Being successful with a Business degree is somewhat random but can get you quite a lot of money. Plus, it's anything but boring.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Quote by vivalasteve
Nah I have some pretty hot chicks in my engineering classes, and because they are interested in science and math and shit and are really smart, really hot+really smart chicks=really good win

So do engineering.

this

if a girl is hot AND smart... thats just a complete win.

engineering FTW!!!
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
Quote by Ruff Stuff
I just hate taking all those econ and accounting classes =/

Amen... though I'm in finance and there's way too much calc for my taste.

EDIT: Serious business classes, beyond first year, are rape. So all the dumb but hot girls end up flunking or ending up in, I don't know, marketing.

Also, business people's salary starts low and then shoots up. Engineers start high and that's about it. Not too much progress.
Last edited by Limaj_daas at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by davrossss
To quote the Beatles

It's easy to say something like that...

...when you're the Beatles.

OnTopic: TS, if you're lazy then don't go for engineering.
Lazy engineers = unnecessary pedestrian deaths.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Last edited by Zaphikh at Jan 6, 2010,
I ended up choosing Business studies yesterday.
I'm not the best at maths + I'd have to do a catchup course on it + Maths doesn't interest me.
Business studies was my best subject and it interested me most.
One of my friends' professors told the class business students are chumps because they pay a lot of money to be taught common sense lololol
Quote by Hybrid_Xer0
I ended up choosing Business studies yesterday.
I'm not the best at maths + I'd have to do a catchup course on it + Maths doesn't interest me.
Business studies was my best subject and it interested me most.

You don't have to do much maths for a business degree?

I don't know how your system works, so keep in mind this is advice from an American: You shouldn't bother over picking a single option immediately. Take intro stuff in both and see which you prefer, then go into higher-level courses with it. If you're still interested at that point, feel free to consider your decision solid. Again, I dunno you guys, but over here it's totally normal and expected to change your declared major 2-4 times.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by captaincrunk
Do both and see what u like.

EDIT:

Business has a lot of math btw. Lots of calculus and statistics (quantitative methods)

If you're an actuary or statitician maybe... actual business concentrations like general management, marketing, international etc. have very (very) little math and zero calculus.
Engineering is hard work. Or at least the Electrical program is. You wont be partying much your later years of college. But on the other hand you also arent going to be out of work ever. You wont get people giving you offers without doing anything anymore, but there is a good chance you'll get hired if you bother to get to know any teachers or organizations on campus who have connections.

Business is a joke. You'll be a dime a dozen and be able to party often.

But, thats my views, and I'm biased.

EDIT: Going in without knowing exactly what youre doing is fine your first year in college.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Last edited by C/ruel at Jan 6, 2010,
Quote by Nickpocalypse
If you're an actuary or statitician maybe... actual business concentrations like general management, marketing, international etc. have very (very) little math and zero calculus.

Intermediate microeconomics and Intermediate macroeconomics both have derivitives.
Quote by captaincrunk
Intermediate microeconomics and Intermediate macroeconomics both have derivitives.

+1. Cost minimization is all derivatives and consumer/producer surplus is all integration.
lol evidentally i was just schooled :P my econ courses didn't have these derivatives but i don't think they were intermediate econ courses... that and I didn't fare very well in them (and calculus itself absolutely destroyed me :P)
If you don't like math then business is the better course. Engineering is more extensive mathematically by far. At most colleges your only two math elective courses away from a math minor with it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
do telecomns if your a skilled tradesman your always get work
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
How much you earn depends on how much effort you put in. For every business graduate earning millions there are a hundred earning 40k.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Im much more interested in Business. I've always been around business, as my uncle is pretty much a self-made millionaire and when i was little and was close to my uncle, i would always be exposed to many different aspects of business. From then on, my interest in business only grew and im willing to put in hard work to make everything happen so that is why i chose the business route.

Business gives you many many more options. If you are interested in music but aren't exactly a musician, then you can do business and enter the music field, or if you like technology then you can enter the technology field, etc. It has unlimited options. You do have to work hard to get to the top though. Like someone else said, you start of low and end up high whereas in Engineering, you start off well and don't ever get much better. My dad is an Engineer and that why i know this. On the other hand, My uncle never had a business degree but put alot of hard work and effort into his businesses, and eventually got higher than my dad.

soooooo, yeah.....a little personal thing there if that helps you any
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.
Last edited by WastedxYears at Jan 6, 2010,
^ a good engineer's pay grows. IE see Energy company engineers, and aerospace engineers
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
^ a good engineer's pay grows. IE see Energy company engineers, and aerospace engineers

It grows but marginally. for most engineers anyway.

For a businessman, pay is unlimited. It all depends on your level of success and hard work.
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.
Page 1 of 2