Well, I think it's time that I take off the training wheels and jump into my own tabbing. But it just seems like such a hugely difficult task to even attempt, let alone do. What do you guys recommend doing to start on this, and how to get it easier?
I guess once you've been playing for a while you learn what certain things sound like and how to play them, and can recognise them when listening to a song. Start out with easier, less complex songs of chords or single notes (although I wouldn't bother submitting unless there isn't one already) and work you way up.
Well first of all, stop thinking of it as hugely difficult. It's just something that you'll have to get better at, and we all started somewhere. Like anything else, start easy and work your way up.
Quote by uk.mace
I guess once you've been playing for a while you learn what certain things sound like and how to play them, and can recognise them when listening to a song. Start out with easier, less complex songs of chords or single notes (although I wouldn't bother submitting unless there isn't one already) and work you way up.

Yeah, this wasn't for submitting (but I will do that if I get something fully accurate). I just want to be able to start playing stuff for myself. There's a lot of stuff that isn't tabbed or is partially tabbed or incorrectly tabbed, and at that point I've got no way to learn it. I'm entirely tab reliant and I want to fix that.
Do you use software like Guitar Pro or Powertab? That will make it easier because then you can actually hear how it sounds after you've tabbed it.
Start with working out something really simple that you know inside out - like happy birthday, or rudolph the red nosed reindeer (as its crimbo) . Then gradually work up to the stuff you want to play.
First make sure you can see and hear the relationship between the tabs you already know, the theory behind them and the associated sounds.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com