It's going to happen eventually.

EDIT: Read the article in detail, and damn, I'm impressed.
Last edited by Dregen at Dec 22, 2009,
It'll go back to as it was before, when it looks the sunniest it can only become darker.
DeVillains!
rad taxes from marijuana for the government
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I love being able to stand back and watch these substance debates. I dont smoke, drink or do drugs, so I dont care either way... Its just about the only subject I can look at both sides subjectively. Anyway, continue.
...In my opinion.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by Ylasto
It'll go back to as it was before, when it looks the sunniest it can only become darker.

now they will tax the shit out of it.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Quote by maidenrulz19

having that girl be asian, i read that in a canadian accent.

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Well it was almost legal in Canada in the summer of 2004, but then the American government sent the DEA into Canada, put tons of political pressure on our government, crushed the legalization bill and arrested key figures in the marijuana movement like Marc Emery.

The sad truth is the US can do whatever the **** they want anywhere and the world and no one can do shit all about it. If they don't want marijuana legalized in Canada, it won't happen.
yay
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
And at the same time the Dutch government is on it's way to making marijuana illegal again..
...marmalade is my jam.
Quote by everythingdies
For example, in Massachusetts, the punishment for possession was changed to a simple $100 ticket.

Half true (and fixed). It's a $100 fine for having a gram or less. Anything more than a gram is still felony possession (and can be construed as intent to distribute).

That being said, to reiterate what a few of my fellow pit monkeys have said, it will be taxed if it is legalized. Look at cigarettes.
6. In California, a bill to tax and regulate marijuana like alcohol is pending in the state Assembly, the introduction of which generated a huge wave of positive news coverage nationwide, which we followed up with a TV ad that generated an even bigger wave of news coverage. We're working to build support for this landmark piece of legislation, which has a chance to pass out of a committee in January.

7. MPP recently opened an office in Las Vegas, for the purpose of building a statewide coalition to pass a ballot initiative to tax and regulate marijuana like alcohol. A similar initiative received 44% of the vote in November 2006, and support for making marijuana legal is rising by more than 1% a year, so we fully plan to pass this initiative in November 2012, which would give Nevada the best marijuana law in the world.

WHY???????
i swear if it was just decriminalized there would be no tax and no regulations
you see what the government is doing with cigarettes
in new york its like what 9-11(no pun intended) bucks for a pack of cigs?
we'll be paying $25 for a dimesack
i say boo dumbass states
Gear so far:
Dean Vendetta XMT
Roland Microcube

Infiltrate the system and rot it from the inside-out.
Quote by Shaggy_420
6. In California, a bill to tax and regulate marijuana like alcohol is pending in the state Assembly, the introduction of which generated a huge wave of positive news coverage nationwide, which we followed up with a TV ad that generated an even bigger wave of news coverage. We're working to build support for this landmark piece of legislation, which has a chance to pass out of a committee in January.

7. MPP recently opened an office in Las Vegas, for the purpose of building a statewide coalition to pass a ballot initiative to tax and regulate marijuana like alcohol. A similar initiative received 44% of the vote in November 2006, and support for making marijuana legal is rising by more than 1% a year, so we fully plan to pass this initiative in November 2012, which would give Nevada the best marijuana law in the world.

WHY???????
i swear if it was just decriminalized there would be no tax and no regulations
you see what the government is doing with cigarettes
in new york its like what 9-11(no pun intended) bucks for a pack of cigs?
we'll be paying $25 for a dimesack
i say boo dumbass states

decriminalization is stupid. if it were to be decriminalized, criminals could still profit from it and reducing crime rates is one of the major selling points.

it's either legalization or nothing.
Quote by speedy1330
having that girl be asian, i read that in a canadian accent.

I read it in a ghetto black woman's accent.

at crazy8rgood's picture ^
Quote by MOODY17
I read it in a ghetto black woman's accent.

at crazy8rgood's picture ^

I read it in the most stereotypically asian voice possible