Page 1 of 4
I was wondering, what is the most expensive guitar owned by a UG'er? Either purely by it being kick-ass, being vinatge or signed/owned by someone famous. If you think you're a contender, add a pic so we know your not making it up and say how much its worth.

EDIT: just looked at the new sticky thread and realised this should be in electric guitar, I put it here so it could include acoustics, sórry.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Last edited by Stugg334 at Dec 22, 2009,
70 bucks for a p.o.s acoustic guitar at target
that is untill after chris mas
Gear so far:
Dean Vendetta XMT
Roland Microcube

Infiltrate the system and rot it from the inside-out.
mine is "1 billion dollers"(pinkey to lip)

no but anyway, probably isnt the most expensive but i have a B.C rich egale Deluxe, cost me £600

sorry, no picture
I saw somebody with a PRS Private Stock Semi Hollow in their gear sig. I'm betting either a PRS or a vintage will win.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
i bought my bass for £100? lol
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Hmm im guessing could well be a PRS or old Gibson.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Fender Strat MIA £800 ish. Not the best but probably above the mean.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
i think i might of recalled somebody having a frankenstein replica in here, its worth $25,000
What? This is my sig...

Gear:

Guitar(s)
Silvertone: Revolver

Guitar FX
Boss ME:70

Amps/Speakers

Silvertone 15 watt amp
Logitech Practice Speakers

Cables
1 Neutrik 15ft cable
1 First Act 4 ft cable
ther was a guy on here about 2 months ago talking about his 58 grestch country gentleman... ill bet that one will win
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
Quote by Venice King
Fender Strat MIA £800 ish. Not the best but probably above the mean.

True, i'd put the mean at about £350, i think thats about $500. Or maybe less if you count peoples shitty acoustics that they never use.
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
someone mentioned the frankenstrat

cheapest ive seen one sold was £14,000 (about $27,000?)

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

well i'm winning so far in this thread $3000 Stingray5 anniversary edition
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Hec1223
i think i might of recalled somebody having a frankenstein replica in here, its worth $25,000

Of =/= a verb.

I have an 80's fender acoustic that i got from my uncle, but i have no idea how much it's worth. My electric cost £100
Dude ^^ put a pic on
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Drmckool
well i'm winning so far in this thread $3000 Stingray5 anniversary edition

Not without pictures you ain't.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
i have my late grandfather's 1958 fender jazzmaster hand-made by leo fender. $35,000.

i don't have pics (and i don't know where my father has put it to take any). it's sunburst with a lot of wear on the finish around where his right arm would be. my dad had it restrung and cleaned up a little bit (not modified at all) to display it at his wake.

apparently his first guitar (which was stolen in germany) was worth even more as he bought it from johnny cash's guitarist (the one who burned himself to death by accident).

so be on the look out, germans!
#DTWD
If my Gibson acoustic was in good condition, it'd be worth $2,500. Too bad it's a bit scratched up.
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
okay primusfan definately needs pics
Quote by slash11896

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.

DISCLAIMER: NO-ONE FROM THE BASS FORUM IS ALLOWED TO ANSWER

Custom
Handmade
Ovangkol neck
Wenge fretboard
Brass frets
Hand-cast brass nut
Bubinga body
Swirly bubinga top
Gold hardware
Passive MEC single coil pickups
Active MEC 2-band electronics

Now, it won't be the most expensive instrument that will be posted, but it's f*cking awesome nonetheless.
Quote by primusfan
i have my late grandfather's 1958 fender jazzmaster hand-made by leo fender. $35,000.

i don't have pics (and i don't know where my father has put it to take any). it's sunburst with a lot of wear on the finish around where his right arm would be. my dad had it restrung and cleaned up a little bit (not modified at all) to display it at his wake.

apparently his first guitar (which was stolen in germany) was worth even more as he bought it from johnny cash's guitarist (the one who burned himself to death by accident).

find a camera...

pics or bullshit

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

i have a 50th aniversery gibson sg diablo

i got it for about $1000 but online its worth around $3000ish

its limited addition mine is number 638 (i think) out of 1000

i love it and as long as i keep it in good condition the price can only go up

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
I'll play with my '63 Gretsch Chet Atkins DBL Cutaway, Hollowbody with Simulated F Holes. About 3k on Ebay last time I looked. I know I don't have the most expensive.

With the mods I've made on my Standard Epi LP it's probably about $750 now as opposed to it's original $650.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Stugg334
okay primusfan definately needs pics

my dad has a lot of pictures of it when my grandfather was still playing regularly, but i don't know if we have any of it currently. i just went through the home desktop, but i don't know where they are. oddly enough, my widowed grandmother will be here in 15 minutes ... just weird timing i suppose.
#DTWD
Quote by CL/\SH
With the mods I've made on my Standard Epi LP it's probably about $750 now as opposed to it's original $650.

*Pats head*
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Silver-spear94
find a camera...

pics or bullshit

frankly, i don't care if you think it's bullshit.
#DTWD
Quote by Spoony_Bard
*Pats head*

Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Dec 22, 2009,

MusicMan Stingray Bass ^^. Not sure how much it's worth, but I got it for £60... According to eBay it's a lot more. It's the only picture I have on here next to my Les Paul. I'm too lazy to go and take another one.
Quote by primusfan
by the way, if anyone would like to "purchase" some of my grandfather's music, he played lead guitar on quite a few of the tracks on this compilation. trying to find the personnel list to see exactly which ones he was on. when i do, maybe the songs will be on youtubez:

http://salmagundisyncopation.blogspot.com/2009/07/stomper-time-records-story-memphis.html

Umm... Is this considered advertising?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by Venice King

not when a mod does it

davedit:
I shot JR

Quote by primusfan

I envy you so much. I love Jazzmasters.
Quote by Venice King

how is it advertising? it's free.

i just posted it as the only thing close to evidence that i have of my grandfather owning an original '58 jazzmaster. the case being that he is on studio recordings ... in the late 50s and early 60s.

but continue with the anti-mod campaign.
#DTWD
I know it won't win or probably even be anywhere near the top, but just to add the thread I've got a 1947 Gibson J45 that my grandfather bought brand new. The reason it's not worth crazy money is because he refinished it however many years ago for playability reasons before he died. He was an amazing carpenter. The sound of it is like nothing else I've ever heard, especially any modern acoustics.

I also have a hand-built dobro that he made. Our local high-end guitar shop owner offered him $3,000 on the spot for when he brought it in just to show them. I have that one, my dad has one, my uncle has one, and my grandmother still has the one my grandfather played all the time. These were the only four he built and the quality is unbelievable.

I'm hoping I have the time down the road to really learn how to play it well.
Last edited by PSM at Dec 22, 2009,
Quote by primusfan

but continue with the anti-mod campaign.

I didn't mention that you were a mod
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by Venice King
I didn't mention that you were a mod

i did as a joke, the sarcasm doesn't carry over that well
I shot JR

Page 1 of 4