Ok so either today or tomorrow i will be getting a new amp. I have decided on the bugera 6262 head and cab (so my budget is roughly 800-1000). I just need some help on second and third options. i play in a band. drummer is pretty loud. I play bluesy stuff, not really that heavy, but i would like a decent amount of gain.

Bands i like/play metallica, ozzy, red hot chili peppers, and hendrix. I'd like a head and cab but dosent have to be.Pretty much like looking for a versatile amp.
Jet City JCA20H with the matching 1x12 cab. Very good amp, though you may need a pedal for higher gain tones.
I would HIGHLY recommend the Marshall Mg 100HDFX, it is great for all the bands you listed, it is a solid state amp and a tube amp in one, you also can have many different distortions on it as well. I own one and it is amazing!!!
Make some noise
Quote by BloodHorn
I would HIGHLY recommend the Marshall Mg 100HDFX, it is great for all the bands you listed, it is a solid state amp and a tube amp in one, you also can have many different distortions on it as well. I own one and it is amazing!!!

sweet jesus tell me you're a troll...

but on topic, I'd say its worth checking out a B-52 AT-100 as the head. their 600 new and a cab would put you in that same range. I've got one and I think it fits just what you're after. If you see one, check it out, I'm very happy with mine.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Thanks guys! i will look into these, and yeah the marshall MG lol, i thought those were bad?
I think you could do a bit better than the bugera with your budget. Its not a bad amp at all, and has decent tone, but the reliability issues alone would be enough to put me off of one.

Amps to look at would be

Peavey xxx
Marshall JCM 800/900
Blackheart Hothead
Jet City JCA20H, or if you can stretch your budget, the 100 watt head
Peavey Classic 30
Kustom Defender
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401