just had a thought

it wouldnt be the first time something stolen has turned up there.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

i checked the serial, its not fake

but that doesnt explain the missing logo.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

You know you could just take the serial number from another guitar, and paint it on a fake right?

Why did THEY say it's logo is missing. If it's a decal, it might've scraped off, but if that was the case, I would expect the headstock to be scratched a lot underneath where it was, it's not as if you can just peel them off with your fingers.

Is it second-hand? An old owner wanted to pretend it was gibson, painted over the epi bit? :s
yeah its second hand. overall ive gone off the idea, and moved on to the jap strat they have there.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

You dont just LOSE the logo on an epi. Its under the clear coat. So it would have to be sanded off then repainted. So you only have their word its an epi. And serial numbers are really easy to fake.
Epis have inlay logos... They wouldnt just disappear...
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Don't bet on the serial number being authentic I have ran several serial numbers on guitars I know are fakes and they work. I have owned several Epi Vs and the logo is under the clear coat I seriously doubt it would be gone unless the headstock was broken, repaired and repainted sans the logo or someone removed it to sell it as a Gibson to some poor schmuck. You can see Gibson on the truss rod cover. It doesn't look like a bolt on from the pics so I can't see it having the neck replaced. I don't know. The only thing I would suggest is to check it out in person ask to see the Electronics and the back of the pups Epi pups are usually marked Epiphone.

John
Mate, I have a 1970's Fender and the logo hasn't worn off, and its not even under the clear coat. An Epiphone's logo is under the clear coat so unless he decided to be a dick and sand it or something, its fake.
does it play nicely?

if yes, see 1.
if no, see 2.

1. who gives a shit, buy it.

2. then, don't buy it.

should be that easy. don't rely on brand names
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
^^^It aint gonna have a replacement neck for that price. The labor alone to swap necks would cost more than what their asking.
it must be modded
the only epiphones with the jack socket on the scratchplate have a tuneomatic
for jack placements like that they have the v shaped through body bridge#

also whats that thing on the side in the first picture
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.