Hey

just bought a peavey 6505 and was wandering if the orange ppc412 was a good choice of cab?
It seems decent enough and has V30's.
Peoples thoughts?
Cheers.
yeah, as far as I remember, its waay overpriced. I saw an old marshal cab at guitar center that was beat to hell but had four V30's in it a while ago for 200 dollars. If I was you, I'd find a cheaper cab. Its all about the speakers, there's no revolutionary cab designs, the only difference is the speakers. With a little shopping around you could find a better deal.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
To be honest i need a cab like now... and living in the uk makes things really expensive. and hard to find decent second hand. so i think i will just go for orange.
Quote by Lt.DanHasLegs
Its all about the speakers, there's no revolutionary cab designs, the only difference is the speakers.

i think you are grossly forgetting about cab construction and how it plays a huge (see: a large amount) factor in the sound of a cabinet.

granted, the orange cabs are a tad overprice, but they are well worth it.
The cabs will be a bit less overpriced in his case seeing as he lives in the UK though.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Since you're UK-based, the Orange would work perfectly. You won't have the inflated prices we North Americans enjoy.

If you were in the US I'd suggest a Splawn instead.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
If you're in the UK then get the Orange.

If you're in N.America then get a Splawn.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
^ Or Mills. They're a touch more expensive though.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Ok thanks, everyones helped loads
Gear:

LTD MH250NT w/EMG's
Jackson DKMG
Peavey 6505 Head
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
^ You guys don't count since EVERYTHING is overpriced, not just UK stuff.

Haha tbh even though some things are dear in US i wish i lived there.. the guitars are so cheap over there compared to here.
Gear:

LTD MH250NT w/EMG's
Jackson DKMG
Peavey 6505 Head
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ You guys don't count since EVERYTHING is overpriced, not just UK stuff.

Oh shut up you

Quote by MrSenesence
Haha tbh even though some things are dear in US i wish i lived there.. the guitars are so cheap over there compared to here.

You live where?

If you mean over here, than only some guitars are cheap.. When your talking about amps, don't bother.
haha i live in uk.
Gear:

LTD MH250NT w/EMG's
Jackson DKMG
Peavey 6505 Head
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2