I'm trying to get the basic major and minor 3 string shapes down. But whenver i leave the G-string it a this annoying ringing that makes the sweeping sound verysloppy. Is this fixable? Is it my guitar (Floyd-Rose bridge)? or is it me?
muting the strings more with your picking hand should get rid of it
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
I've been playing at 60 bpm and it still does it. How should I mute the strings? Palm muting lightly never sounded right
If you have a FR, it could be the springs ringing, I had that too. Tie a rubber band or something around the springs to dampen them.
Barbie hair bands on your strings below the tuners mute the strings for sweeping you just push it down to lets say the 5th fret if your sweeping up high. keep in mind this won't really work if you are using lower frets (3rd or lower).
Quote by Ddaydevice13
Barbie hair bands on your strings below the tuners mute the strings for sweeping you just push it down to lets say the 5th fret if your sweeping up high. keep in mind this won't really work if you are using lower frets (3rd or lower).

How am I supposed to do that live? But I'll try the ruber band on the floyd rose.
Mute with your fretting hand
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by spghlax15
How am I supposed to do that live? But I'll try the ruber band on the floyd rose.

In my oppinion that isn't a good thing to do... It works around the problem and doesn't make you a better player, the best thing to do is to improve your playing by actually practicing the muting. Have you tried muting with your picking hand thumb? That seems to work for me Also don't forget you need to use both your hands to mute succesfully.