Ok, this was my first electric I got when I was just learning to play and it's had years of use and abuse. It's not my main guitar and after being inspired by quite a few of the projects on here, I decided what better way to spend the winter than to destroy and resurrect MaryJane here.

I don't know alot about hardware and stuff so I'll be needing some input from anybody that can help.

I need:
Tuners -
New pots -

I want:
New PUPs -
New control knobs -
A selector switch if possible (The tone knob does almost nothing!)-

Thanks in advance for any help
Quote by dustyboy316
Change that sig, **** thats annoying.

My Effector Mod
I'm kinda bored with the strat shape but I didn't want to change it that much so here is what I'm thinking about doing. If I don't do this, I want to cut the rounded edge off where the paint starts on the sides. It will lighten it up and give it a sleeker look.

So I need to know. Change it, or leave it?
Quote by dustyboy316

My Effector Mod
Thanks guys. I'll be off 'til the new year after tomorrow and I want to work on it then but I def. needed some ok's from the GB&C community before I felt truly comfortable doing it.

Quote by dustyboy316

My Effector Mod
I haven't seen a Cort Effector in awhile, those were interesting guitars. I've never seen a strat-shaped one before though, all the ones I've seen were Explorer copies. The built-in effects weren't that great and half the time didn't work correctly but they were cool to play around with. Is that a Kahler I see? Pretty sure that wasn't stock and somebody has added that.

EDIT: Apparently they did offer the Kahler tremolo thingy stock on the Strat variety, my bad lol. Just really strange, also it looks as if you can add the tremolo arm on either side of the tremolo block? Interesting.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Dec 22, 2009,
Quote by Flux'D
I haven't seen a Cort Effector in awhile, those were interesting guitars. I've never seen a strat-shaped one before though, all the ones I've seen were Explorer copies. The built-in effects weren't that great and half the time didn't work correctly but they were cool to play around with. Is that a Kahler I see? Pretty sure that wasn't stock and somebody has added that.

EDIT: Apparently they did offer the Kahler tremolo thingy stock on the Strat variety, my bad lol. Just really strange, also it looks as if you can add the tremolo arm on either side of the tremolo block? Interesting.

The effects on mine worked all the time. They weren't anything special and impossible to turn off/on seamlessly while in the middle of playing, but it beat nothing at all and they were fun to mess with for a while.

Yep, you could put it on top or on bottom but I lost the trem arm years ago. I never used it and might block it since it would go out of tune if you gave it a good dive. Locking tuners might help this?

Quote by divinorum69
You will never hear me saying yes to a reshape of a strat/superstrat. I find them the best desing out there. So its a no from me

I know Divinorum, I've seen your other posts. I do like the strat shape which is why I'm not taking too much away from the original form. btw, i really dig the tele you're building. It made me consider binding on this body. If only I had a router.
Quote by dustyboy316

My Effector Mod
Quote by SketchY173

I know Divinorum, I've seen your other posts. I do like the strat shape which is why I'm not taking too much away from the original form. btw, i really dig the tele you're building. It made me consider binding on this body. If only I had a router.

Thanks. I cant tell from the pictures but it seems as if it has an arm contour thats almost impossible to bind. Though you can do a paint bind.
I say just remove the roundover bits. Those cutout bits don't make too much sense to me. Could be worse, though. I won't get mad either way.
Some pics of my progress so far.

I decided not to do the other scoop close to where your forearm rests. It just didn't look right.

I haven't decided on the paint job yet. I'm thinking black with realistic flames, but I don't have the know how to pull it off. I've looked at some youtube vids on how to do it, but me thinks it's a little over my skill level. My other idea is a sunburst. If only it wasn't a plywood body and there was some nice looking maple or something I would like to try a flame top, since fire is the concept.

Any comments/critiques welcome. Oh, I could use some suggestions for locking tuners too.
Quote by dustyboy316

My Effector Mod
You could always try an outline like Razorbacks and the V's have, or an offset racing stripe might look cool
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]