Long Story Short, Im going to buy another strat and make it more suitable for my style. I love Ibanez's, but I really like the Fender I have. My question is, are all fender strat models routed for a neck humbucker? I would be going to an HH configuration for sure. I went looking for some HH models, but I can only find Jaguars. I know fender makes them in HH, but in case I come across a good deal thats not, what models should I look for? Im not looking to do any routing myself. So be honest if this is not likely going to happen.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Quote by jdrier21
My MIM Fender Strat would fit a Humbucker in there. They dont have individual pickup routing but one big body cavity. A Humbucker would fit in any position.

No, MIMs are routed to have a HSS pickup thing. You could put a humbucker in the neck, but you'd have to either cut a bit out of the body, or more easily put a rails or some other single coil sized humbucker.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
this is how theyre routed

Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
That would be a very good option. I hadn't thought of that. A hot rails would be great. But I'm still wanting to get away from the 3 pickup thing. Is there a strat pickguard available in just an HS configuration? I havent seen one, but then again I havent looked.
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Quote by CkY freak
That would be a very good option. I hadn't thought of that. A hot rails would be great. But I'm still wanting to get away from the 3 pickup thing. Is there a strat pickguard available in just an HS configuration? I havent seen one, but then again I havent looked.

I don't know if they have one but it couldn't be that hard to make one

EDIT: buy one of these and cut a hole for the single coil
http://www.wdmusic.com/pickguard_stz_200.html
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
Last edited by zakky_s at Dec 22, 2009,
Yeah I havent been able to find one in the H-S configuration. I appreciate your guys' help. I guess the best option would be to try to find a second hand HH strat and take it from there.
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100