If I lower the level on my fuzz pedal to almost nothing, and I push the volume on the amp to get volume, will i still get the saturation or does it actually need to be loud to be pushed?
Quote by AlanHB
As for the guitarist being a wanker - he's a guitarist. Get used to it.
Quote by due 07
Why don't you just check yourself to see. Do you have a tube or SS amp?

I am checking, and it definitely sounds good (like there is that little extra that usually happens when i am pushing the amp...) but i don't know if my ears are just playing with me because it makes sense to me

its a hotrod deville 4x10 amp, its tube.
Quote by AlanHB
As for the guitarist being a wanker - he's a guitarist. Get used to it.
if anything you should crank the volume of the fuzz and turn the fuzz drive down all the way so it it acts as a clean boost

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

You're not getting power amp distortion without volume (attenuators, iso cabs, etc. aside).

EDIT: In other words.. If it's not loud, you're not doing it right.
hot rod amps do not sound good overdriven. they get very spitty and uncontrollable. i would just stick to using the fuzz as a fuzz pedal.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
chea_man does not know what he's talking about. When he says 'overdriven' he's referring to the preamp distortion on channel 2 of your HR. I have a HR Deluxe with various modifications, and it sounds GREAT when overdriven.
Quote by SylvaShredder
chea_man does not know what he's talking about. When he says 'overdriven' he's referring to the preamp distortion on channel 2 of your HR. I have a HR Deluxe with various modifications, and it sounds GREAT when overdriven.

actually, i own a hot rod amp.
guess what the "distortion" channel does on that amp: the "gain" knob actually works like a volume knob. it cranks the amp, then most of the volume is sent to ground so that its not super loud. which is why its OD channel is very similar to the amp turned up loud.

oh and also, since i own the amp, I HAVE CRANKED IT. it was fizzy, spitty, and just nasty.

and like you said, yours has various modifications.

i do, in fact, know what im talking about, thanks.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
actually, i own a hot rod amp.
guess what the "distortion" channel does on that amp: the "gain" knob actually works like a volume knob. it cranks the amp, then most of the volume is sent to ground so that its not super loud. which is why its OD channel is very similar to the amp turned up loud.

oh and also, since i own the amp, I HAVE CRANKED IT. it was fizzy, spitty, and just nasty.

and like you said, yours has various modifications.

i do, in fact, know what im talking about, thanks.

Beat down.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE