not really far,just 2 steps or something,but as i laid it gently on the ground it made this sound like strumming out of tune strings...i then turned to the manual only to find out you shouldnt move it till it cools down!

hey dont scold me i just got it and im still new to valves,not doing that again,honest!
it still plays like before nothing changed but im wondering if this small move affected tube life or something,could it?

and can you guys give me more tips on amp care AND how to get the best tone out in low volumes? the manual doesnt say much.
its a Crate V18 and i got a metal muff for distortion i want a heavy tone at a low volume!
thanks in advance!
Lol don't worry it's fine.

good tone with loe volumes is very hard on a tube amp. And fore care: Just dust is every now and then and replace the tubes when needed.
Quote by Alijonroth
not really far,just 2 steps or something,but as i laid it gently on the ground it made this sound like strumming out of tune strings...i then turned to the manual only to find out you shouldnt move it till it cools down!

hey dont scold me i just got it and im still new to valves,not doing that again,honest!
it still plays like before nothing changed but im wondering if this small move affected tube life or something,could it?

and can you guys give me more tips on amp care AND how to get the best tone out in low volumes? the manual doesnt say much.
its a Crate V18 and i got a metal muff for distortion i want a heavy tone at a low volume!
thanks in advance!

probably just the springs in the reverb reverb tank kicking around. you'll probably get the same sound if you tap on the reverb tank on the back on the amp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
But I advise you not to throw your amp across the room
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Antis0cial
good tone with loe volumes is very hard on a tube amp.

False.

As long as nothing unplugged, I wouldn't worry. I'll be honest, I never set aside time for 'amp cooldown'.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
^That doesn't mean it is good practice.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by lkngro

I'd always thought they could've used that clip for a commercial. Imagine if they did...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by tubetime86
^That doesn't mean it is good practice.

True, I wouldn't recommend doing it often, but I also wouldn't worry if I did it by accident on occasion.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
^ Yup, I just didn't want to advise someone to do it all the time.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Wow, the same video posted twice in the same thread.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab