Page 1 of 4
I've got a question involving reaper. I have no idea how to use the plug in reverberate in it. What I do is I go set up a new track and then click the fx button and add reverberate in. The ui for reverberate pops up and I can select what reverb I want and tinker with the settings but the reverb is not applied to the track. Am I going about adding the reverb to the track the wrong way or is it another problem all together?
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Alright. I downloaded Reaper a week or so ago so I can record with a drum program. So that went fine and everything. However, when I went to export the tracks as a wav, the drums weren't exported. Am I doing something wrong? I've read and re-read the manual and can't find anything to help me. Is there a way to export the WHOLE song as a wav or even MP3 and not by bits? Because I then have to drag the bits into Garageband and re-tool it there. And even then I can't use the drums.

Can someone help?
Gear:
ZT Lunchbox Amp
Schecter C-1+ Diamond Series
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Digitech Whammy
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
EHX Pocket Metal Muff
EHX Small Stone
EHX Memory Toy
EHX Holy Grail
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Thanks for the help with the reverb. I have a new problem though. I am trying to import a movie in to reaper so I can write some music to it but when I click on insert media I get nothing. Any idea on how to get insert media into 64 bit reaper? Also does anyone know how to use quantization with reaper? Thanks for any help.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Ok, I've recorded an entire track along to MIDI drums, and it plays fine in reaper. When I export it to a WAV file you can't hear the drums, just the guitars. Does anyone know how I'm supposed to export this so that I can still hear the drums?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Does Reaper have an edit mode?

I have Adobe Audtion, but most of the VSTs I use are not compatible, and I really like being able to actually edit the wave, and apply effects, instead of just inserting them in a chain.
include this:

you can easilly make songs fade in/out by holding x while dragging the top left or right corner of the track

if you right click the icon you can select the graph at which it should fade in/out

(took me way too long to figure this out )

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
How about exporting as a MP3? I downloaded the program it told me to and it still doesn't work
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
^ lame.enc wasnt working for me either, so i downloaded switch. its a conversion program thats pretty good. so i just exported as a wav file and then used switch to get my mp3. works well enough.
cool, thanks
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I use Reaper with Guitar Rig 4 Mobile (with USB interface). The quality of the recording is terrible. The recordings sounds nothing like the 'monitored' sound I hear while I play. I used to use Guitar Rig 3 with an onboard soundcard (no interface except for a bypassed guitar pedal) through my Core 2 duo 2.4 pc (XP) and it sounded great. I now use a Dual core 2.1OGhz Laptop with 3 gb of RAM running on Vista. Maybe the processor power isn't enough?? Weird thing is that when i just run GR4 through Reaper it sounds great but when I render it....it's terrible. Can anything be done?
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
How do you get midi files to make sound on Reaper? I exported midi from a guitar pro file and imported into reaper too use as a "skeleton" for recording but it makes no sound at all. The mixer shows that each track is making sound but the master channel shows no sound. I normally use sony acid, but it only goes up to 200bpm and I play and would like to record stuff faster than that.
midi is just information, you need to have it telling a plugin what to play. i havent messed around enough with the midi to know everything about it, but i just stick a VSTi in the FX for the track and have that play the midi stuff.
Quote by RHunterGN
Alright. I downloaded Reaper a week or so ago so I can record with a drum program. So that went fine and everything. However, when I went to export the tracks as a wav, the drums weren't exported. Am I doing something wrong? I've read and re-read the manual and can't find anything to help me. Is there a way to export the WHOLE song as a wav or even MP3 and not by bits? Because I then have to drag the bits into Garageband and re-tool it there. And even then I can't use the drums.

Can someone help?

When you click on Render in the File tab, a popup window should appear, and it will give you a bunch of settings. Most likely what is happening is its set to render like a minute or something, you need to click on the bubble that says render entire mix. That should solve your problem. Oh yeah, and make sure you render it to the right file, for some reason it's always set to render it to the same unfindable file by default.
what are the advantages of reaper over audacity? I have both, but I find myself using audacity just because it is so much simpler.
Listen to my songs on my profile pretty please

Quote by SamhainGrim
I wish a had a vagina to go with my penis...:[
I posted this in the VST thread, but no ones answering.

When Ive finished recording my guitar and go apply the vst's to the track, I cannot hear my guitar anymore; only blank sounds or static hum. When i listen to it with no vst, I can hear the guitar clearly.

Any ideas on what the problem is?
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
Quote by catrolean
what are the advantages of reaper over audacity? I have both, but I find myself using audacity just because it is so much simpler.

Several advantages to Reaper over Audacity, first, when you edit your tracks, it doesn't change the original sound if you want to go back to it, Audacity is like a tape recorder, once you modify the sound, you loose the original sound.

Another advantage is VST's, and VSTi's, which are effects you can apply to your tracks, and they are virtually limitless and mostly free. So you can take the most god awful sounding track and make it sound decent in Reaper. It may be complicated to use, but compared to others, not really.If you want to get good at recording, then you need to learn how to use things like Reaper.
reaper has much better sound quality too.reaper isnt that hard to use once u get used to using envelopes yo control effects rather than the highlighting u use in audacity
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Hello, I'm noticing that when recording with Reaper the bass levels are extremely high.

The low E and A strings on my guitar overpower every other sound.

I'm a recording noob and was just wondering how to adjust this? Thanks!
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
Quote by Scopic
Hello, I'm noticing that when recording with Reaper the bass levels are extremely high.

Click on your track and add the effect "ReaEQ". There you can EQ your track. I would recommend putting a high pass and cutting everything below 100hz if you track is super bassy. Also, lower the gain on the some of the lower frequencies via the graphic equalizer.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Quote by MrDinkleberry
Click on your track and add the effect "ReaEQ". There you can EQ your track. I would recommend putting a high pass and cutting everything below 100hz if you track is super bassy. Also, lower the gain on the some of the lower frequencies via the graphic equalizer.

Wow, using High Pass makes it sound perfect!

Thanks alot!
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
I plan on getting Reaper when I get my own computer, so I have a question. You can run a Line 6 POD through reaper and its VST's, right? In this case it would be an Xt or X3 live, so would I be able to pull decent tone out of a Xiphos>POD>Reaper?
Quote by Life Is Brutal
I plan on getting Reaper when I get my own computer, so I have a question. You can run a Line 6 POD through reaper and its VST's, right? In this case it would be an Xt or X3 live, so would I be able to pull decent tone out of a Xiphos>POD>Reaper?

Yes. I'd expect to be able to pull a great tone out of the POD, and feed it into Reaper with little need for EQ, only volume adjusting.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
I use a Vamp (poor-man's pod) with reaper and it works great!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Is reaper totally free, or do you have to pay $60 after 30 days? People keep telling me different things, and I'm curious which is the answer.
I use the Reaper trial that came with my Peavey Vypyr. I also use Audacity and Wavepad. I find it best to record it on Reaper then send it to Wavepad which I find easier to clip sections of your song off. Reaper definately records with the most quality though.

My set up is:
First Act guitar-----(Instrument cable)-------->Peavey Vypyr Tube 60-------(USB)----------->A crappy Acer computer with Reaper & Wavepad =]
Quote by getmad24_7
Is reaper totally free, or do you have to pay $60 after 30 days? People keep telling me different things, and I'm curious which is the answer.

The short answer...yes, it's free. The long answer....not so much. For the first 30 days it's exactly as it would be if you had the full version, after that you just get a reminder saying you haven't bought a license but the software is still fully functioning.

I'm not here to comment on morals/ethics or all that crap, but for $60 I think you should buy it. It's dirt cheap for what it is and the developers really deserve your support. They put a lot of work into it and update very regularly which they would not be able to do if people didn't buy licenses. Anyway, I don't want to get all preachy, just my 2 cents. But if you look at it as a $/hr investment, you're getting a real bargain!
Guitars: PRS Custom 24, PRS EG3, PRS Santana SE, PRS Tremonti SE, ESP-LTD M-200FM

Acoustics: Maton EM225C, Washburn WD-42S, Ovation Tangent

Amps: Peavey 5150 Mk 1, Randall V2, Marshall JCM2000 DSL100

Cab: Framus FR212
Quote by catrolean

It may be more simple but that's because it's much more limited.

I should do a video comparison between the two one of these days....

Basically, Reaper is the better choice as you are able to add/tweak FX live without committing to one before adding another.

I should also let ya know that Reaper isnt "free" although it can be used past the 30 day period. You really should pay for the low priced license

Quote by Scopic

turn your preamp/levels low enough so you don't overpower the preamp and clip at the input of the interface.
Then put a compressor on the recorded track to even out the spikes a little more.
Last edited by moody07747 at Mar 14, 2010,
Im using reaper, and my rig is causing lots of pops and clicks to appear in the recording. Is there any effect that can totally eliminate those pops?
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
i tried reaper for a short bit, as a noob i found it very tiring to learn. mind you im a noob and am use to audacity which is noob friendly.

im looking at getting a pod studio ux1, it comes with ableton lite, along with riffworks etc, i want something i dont have to pay money for that also has drum effects. reaper you have to either build loops by hand or buy something like ezdrummer (which is exy in price), so thats like $210 !!!! just for the software. i not saying the progs arent worth it. if i had money i would spend it.

my question is, if i buy the ux1 should i stick with ableton or is reaper worth the extra money on top? (im not too worried about the learning curve part as i have heaps of time now)
Page 1 of 4