so you have like a 6505+ for brutal stuff and a roland jc-120 or a fener HRD for clean and then just switch the with a footswitch or something?
im saying this becouse i gonna get a 6505+ combo and if the cleans for really that bad could i do that?i have a fender frontman could i do that with it too?
Yup, that's what I do... I made a passive A/B switch that has one input and two outputs. One signal goes to my Bassman for cleans, one to my VJ for dirty, footswitch to toggle between them.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
yes! you can. im about to buy a radial bigshot aby for the same purpose. but ill say this, try the 6505 first. with some work and patience and guitar volume knobbing you can make the cleans sound decent enough. and itll be less hassle than having to use the frontman
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
yes! you can. im about to buy a radial bigshot aby for the same purpose. but ill say this, try the 6505 first. with some work and patience and guitar volume knobbing you can make the cleans sound decent enough. and itll be less hassle than having to use the frontman

yes i will,but im a fan of crystal cleans and i hope 6505+ combo cleans dont really distort when hit hard.

wow thats nice im gonna have fender cleans and then booom 6505+ brutals
Quote by davor2705
yes i will,but im a fan of crystal cleans and i hope 6505+ combo cleans dont really distort when hit hard.

wow thats nice im gonna have fender frontman cleans and then booom 6505+ brutals

Fixed... Sorry.

Edit: I guess I should be constructive here, so I'll just say that I haven't heard them, but I imagine 6505 cleans are about as good as the Frontman's. I've heard 6505 have cold sterile cleans, as do Frontmans.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
i do it with my delay pedal. ping-ponging double delays from both sides of your head sound like you're the leader of a soul-less skeleton drumline. it's glorious.
they have other purposes, too.
I used to do that...

For a while I used a Carvin passive A/B box. When I finally got the rack I used a Sabine RT-7100 tuner to A/B switch.
Mesa Rev. G Triple Rectifier
Mesa Series II Single Rectifier
Mesa Stage 1 Stiletto Deuce
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
Quote by TheRectified
I used to do that...

For a while I used a Carvin passive A/B box. When I finally got the rack I used a Sabine RT-7100 tuner to A/B switch.

i think Wes Borland does this same shit live.
Quote by davor2705
i think Wes Borland does this same shit live.

I think he uses Duals or Triples though. Metallica does the same thing for the little one-off shows they do every so often.
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
Yeah. My mate has a JCM 800 2205 and a Fender '68 Bandmaster.

Just build an ABY switch
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by TheRectified
I think he uses Duals or Triples though. Metallica does the same thing for the little one-off shows they do every so often.

Apparently Oranges now...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Apparently Oranges now...

Really? I haven't seen that one.

I heard James used Blackstars for a few shows but I haven't seen Oranges.
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
Quote by TheRectified
Really? I haven't seen that one.

I heard James used Blackstars for a few shows but I haven't seen Oranges.

i believe he was saying Wes Borland uses oranges. haha