About the only thing that is constant, is that I wake up everyday knowing my playing is going to be fully of mistakes.

I have played for 3-4 years ( I know, watch the videos http://www.youtube.com/user/wy2sl0#p/a/u/2/1V7-EWvONKs ) and I should be alot better, its sad ) and my playing, although I have slowly become more competent at learning, has not become solid in terms of rhythm, tempo, or hitting the same notes consistently for say an entire song. I would say I probably play 30 minutes to an hour a day, sometimes less sometimes more; usually spending most of my time improvising and just cheesing around.

Is there any of you that have the same problem or have overcome this inconsistency? I mean I can play sections of songs decently, but then playing that same section over and over I can't; there is no way I could play live to save my life. Any help would be appreciated.
Stop thinkinh about what you are playing and just enjoy. Also don't let your mind wander and start thinking about different things, it really throws you of
If you want to get better, you'll need to spend time practicing. Practice isn't the same as playing. Learn some scales or simple exercises, buy a metronome and get into a daily practice routine. Take things easy, though. If you're making mistakes while practicing, slow it down. Building speed without accuracy won't make you a better player.
Spend some more time actually practicing and learning, according to your post in the 30 min to 1 hr time that you practice you just improvise and stuff. You might want to learn some songs or scales or whatever so that there is actually a point to practicing and you'll spend more and more time practicing and getting better.
I have the same issue, these guys are right, start slow and stay slow until you dont have that problem. It just sucks that practice is the only way to get better. But if you are diligent you could get each song down in a day (assuming you already know the parts)

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
Looping stuff can be helpful for building consistency and getting really locked on. Just take any lick that you are working on - something short, 2 bars or less, if it is loopable as is, great, if not play it forward then in reverse to get back to the beginning. Loop it for one minute at a time at a tempo (using a metronome!) that allows you to get through the full minute with minimal mistakes. Give it about ten one minute loops, then move onto something else. You'll find at first that the first few repetitions will be a bit ragged, then you will settle in and really get locked on. The more time you spend playing in that locked on state, the faster you'll be able to lock on in the future until eventually you will lock on immediately. If you can't lock on after the first few reps, slow down til you find a tempo where you can.
Hope this helps. Good luck!