The Karate Kid Trailer (remake with Will Smiths son and Jackie Chan)

Page 1 of 2
I lol'ed at the end
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Hmm... seems the thread has been taken over by a swimming pool filled with sperm.

Quote by iantheman
Whenever I run out of tissues, I get worried that I'll be caught hopping through the hallway with my pants around my knees, a dying erection, and a fist full of semen.
Jackie Chan doesn't seem like a good choice for Mr. Miyagi. Mr. Miyagi is calm and cool, but in all of his movies, Jackie Chan seems to never know what he's doing. (I know he is, but his character doesn't)

Edit: I saw the clip. The kid is way too young. But the ending is one of the funniest things I've seen.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Dec 22, 2009,
Looks pretty cool.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
"Chan plays Mr. Han, a maintenance man who spots his black-eye and offers to teach him both martial arts and Chinese, so he can defend against all the kung-fu students."

I thought black people can't get black eyes?
I thought it was gonna be called the Kung Fu kid? Anyway, when I first heard about this, however many weeks/months ago, I actually thought it was gonna be really good, but the trailer made it seem a bit rubbish to be frank, though the end was pretty good.
If we ignore for a moment how this will absolutely never live up to the original, it has the potential to be ok, except for the fact that the kids are like 9 years old and jackie chan is beating the crap out of them. That has to be illegal.
The Gear Sig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5TH Anniversary Limited Edition
Quote by Portuguese_boy
"Chan plays Mr. Han, a maintenance man who spots his black-eye and offers to teach him both martial arts and Chinese, so he can defend against all the kung-fu students."

I thought black people can't get black eyes?

Quote by LastN00b
If we ignore for a moment how this will absolutely never live up to the original, it has the potential to be ok, except for the fact that the kids are like 9 years old and jackie chan is beating the crap out of them. That has to be illegal.

Come on, the guy has hurt himself loads of times doing stunts. I think he deserves to let out his frustrations on a group of 9 year old midget ninjas.
WIN. Jackie Chan rules.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
"I just wanna go home"
"THIS IS HOME!"

Aww lawd!
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
"take it off"
"now put it on"
"now take it off again"
i already did that
"JACK IT OFF"
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Wow, this should be just great.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Quote by DempseyPunk
"take it off"
"now put it on"
"now take it off again"
i already did that
"JACK IT OFF"

^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Fuck yeah, Jackie Chan!
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
He's gonna teach the kid how to kick someone's ass using a cactus.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
It doesn't look that bad if you ignore the title. Just average Hollywood crap.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
It looks like it might be good. I don't think it will live up to the original movie, but it still has potential. I think the biggest problem is that the kid seems so young. It would have been better with someone who was 14-15 I think.
Quote by Meths
WIN. Jackie Chan rules.

this

after watching City Hunter, Jackie Chan has become the epitome of hilarious kickassery
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I can actually feel my childhood dying.

...There it goes... bye...
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
i read somewhere there are 75 remakes in preproduction, lazy ass hollywood
Will Smith ftw.

dunno about this though..
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

lol....I'm actually going to go see this idc if it sucks...I'd think it'll be pretty funny seeing jackie chan kicking some 9 year olds ass...
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
"Daddy I want to be the karate kid and I want it NOW"
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
Quote by halfstacked
"Daddy I want to be the karate kid and I want it NOW"
I don't think I would be surprised if that's really how it happened.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

i really hate will smioth nowerdays, when i heard he wanted to remake oldboy with speildberg i vowed never to watch any of his films in the cinema, thank god theyv cancelled it
Another thing I noticed about the trailer, what the hell is with his arms when he says, "I just want to go home!"? He's talking to his mother.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

Better have the great 80's hit, "You're The Best" by Joe Esposito. All I'm saying...
Page 1 of 2