OK so I'm sitting in my bed one day and I'm like man I really need a 5 string. So I start the search and work on some pricing when I'm like if I'm gunna drop cash on a bass that I'll probably use only for recording or certain gigs I might as well get a 6 string and get maybe a little more use out of it.

So after searching I pretty well settled on the Spector Legend Classic 6 though thats like $700 on a bass that won't get a huge amount of use. So I start scavenging ebay and find this and looks to pretty decent.

So dilemma and point of the thread...if I get the ebay one I would probably have to sell either my GSR or my ESP to afford it depending on income through christmas. So should I trade off one of my basses I don't use that much for it or be patient and get a job to get the Spector?
I say get a job and save up. =] I don't think I have the heart to sell a bass for another bass. Plus if your not going to get a ton of use out of it, go cheaper, and buy an ESP B-206SM. I play one and it's absolutely FANTASTIC! It's only like 440$ too. Nor have I ever heard of that bass you found on Ebay...
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
Nor have I, and of course you would recommend the ESP lol but idk I just kind of fell in love with the Spector...I think if I might run by Guitar Center tomorrow and see if they have any sixers I can try out
Dude, I got my Legend Classic 6 from a local music shop who was having a sale. They had Legend Classic 4s, 5s, and 6s. Just try and find an authorized dealer that's close to you. I got mine for $525. You will NOT be disappointed if you get the Spector.
Spector is amazing - the weapon of choice for Alex Webster. He has also been known to use Ibanez Soundgear basses, and the six string model is great (as well as the four and five). I play one myself. They have fast, thin necks and put out fantastic mids, with a fair price for the quality.

Highly recommended.
...actually, I'm a drinker with a writing problem.
See the thing is, I'm not sure how much I'll actually use it for metal music (gasp!) I actually for see it becoming quite a tool for acoustic and jazz settings, allowing me to fill out the bottom end a little bit easier or become more creative during solos. So I'm to try to find a Spector and really see how it fits that. I know they can handle metal, I saw Dan Briggs tear his up at the BTBAM concert. Meh I suppose all I can do is try them for myself.
Quote by thunderbritches
See the thing is, I'm not sure how much I'll actually use it for metal music (gasp!) I actually for see it becoming quite a tool for acoustic and jazz settings, allowing me to fill out the bottom end a little bit easier or become more creative during solos. So I'm to try to find a Spector and really see how it fits that. I know they can handle metal, I saw Dan Briggs tear his up at the BTBAM concert. Meh I suppose all I can do is try them for myself.

Trust me, man. It'll work in every setting. I stay in Drop B for my band, but before I joined them, I used it all the time for worship and jazz stuff. The low B is awesome for walking lines with a D, and high C can make for some sick chords.
Well I just got back from GC and all they had was an Ibanez sr506 and gsr206. The 506 was pretty awesome but the 6 string just didn't feel right to me. So until I can actually try the Spector I won't make up my mind but I have an odd feeling I'll stick with a 4 string as my main, mainly because my Ibanez is amazing and I love the tone and feel. Though I'll no doubt buy a 6er I just don't know how high end it will be now
Even though all i have is SX, im a ESP man myself bro =] So if u can get a nice ESP go for it.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P