So being the DIY guy I am, and being poor being a bigger factor, I longed for a foot controller for using with some amp sims to turn effects on and off quickly, switch presets, wah, etc. So heres what I did. I started with this.

I then gutted the controls and pcb out of the steering wheel, and most of the pedals to end up with this.

I then built a board, bought some momentary SPST foot switches, got some wire, and wired up a switch to the contact pads on the pcb board when the steering wheel buttons used to be.

I ended up with this.

With the help of a software called mjoy, which translates joystick controls to midi messages. I can now map any of the six bottom foot switches to any controls in most the amp sims. It also works for basic transport controls in a DAW if one wanted. The pedals I use for a volume and wah pedal.

In case you ask, the top 2 buttons on the pedal are for my Vox amp to switch channels and turn effects on/off since I was too cheap/poor to buy a real vox footswitch too. lol.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Its mostly just for me jamming through the pc, and I can switch on a OD pedal in revalver or guitar rig, switch to a different preset, etc while I'm playing. Plus being able to use the guitar amp sim's wah is cool. Its not fun trying to play guitar and click on the wah knob with your mouse at the same time. lol. Its not really for recording/tracking purposes.
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3
Yes they do work as an axis. mapped to 0-127 of a midi controller, so 127 steps of adjustment mappable to any knob, pedal, or slider in the amp sims.
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3
Wow, thanks for this thread! I had no idea you could convert joystick to midi. I've been wanting to use the pitch shifter and wah pedal in GR3 for so freaking long. MJOY wouldn't work for me, but I got midiyoke and MidiDriver and set the analog stick on my 360 controller to control them with my toe, haha.

It kind of sucks, but it's just temporary and it works. I can't wait to get some sort of pedal. I have a n64 racecar pedal set, like the one above, but my n64 to USB converter broke
The wheel and pedals I got were like 10 bucks used. check around. 10 bucks in switches, scrap wood in the garage and for 20 bucks I have 6 footswitches and 2 pedals.
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3
I just bought one of these steering wheel Pedal setups at the Goodwill store for $6.
Gonna use it for GR4's Pedal.
Hey !

Thanks for the idea

Well i followed the steps but i found problems to setup the Mjoy settings concerning the axis

Could you help me please !

Thanks