Page 1 of 2
This might seem very weird but I am selling a MesaB 50 Cal+ which has a broken output transformer.

I had this up for sale about 6 months ago but I decided to not sell it as it crapped out after I made the thread. I recently bought a whole set of tubes from Eurotubes and fitted them (following the instructions to the letter) believing they were the problem and the amp worked for another 3 days or so before crapping out again.

The tubes light up nicely and after consulting the GG&A guys they confirmed it is an output transformer issue.

I contacted some repair guys and they told me this also. I can't afford to replace the transformer so I'm putting this up for sale with no set price. Throw me your offers.

It is from the USA and comes with a power step so it can be plugged in in the UK so I am taking offers from either the US or UK. Regarding this, I will get a delivery qoute from an offer I agree with and I will let you know and we can discuss it further. It will be likely that I charge you half of the shipping on top of your offer and the other half will come out of your offer, for example - You offer £200 and shipping costs £50. I half £50 and add the £25 on it to total £225. I believe this is very reasonable, but if you think different I'm willing to negotiate.

I recommend you only offer if you're willing to have the amp fixed with a new transformer. DO NOT go through with this deal and end up with an amp that doesn't work.

The transformer is the only faulty part of this amp.

I am taking pictures as we speak and I will write another post with links or I will post the images directly into the thread.
Pictures Ahoy. Sorry that some are blurry, I needed the flash for only two of the shots and it's blurry when you don't use it for some reason. I had a speaker load while taking these photos and I have never run the amp or even turned it on without one.

General shot:

Proving we have a working power transformer:

Tube lights:

Moar Tube lights:

Back panel (I had to do this wihtout looking, all thats missing is the fuse socket and the wire coming out for the power):

The power brick thing:

General shot of the top to show condition (Pretty good for 20 years old):
God dammit.. No editing allowed.

Sorry for triple post: But the knobs are all at zero because I set them there just now. I am aware that if all knobs are at 0 you don't get sound

For all who wondered, I had a nice tone before it died on me..
how much would the transformer take to fix??
Any phrase followed by the word "FACT!" makes it more true that it already is.
Quote by hernythecow
how much would the transformer take to fix??

The transformer would have cost me about £100 from Mercury Magnetics.

I would buy it but I don't know how to fit one and would rather not risk it with no service available nearby.
God dammit.

you would post this THREE days after I spent all my money huh.

THREE DAYS!!!!

I would have bought this if you posted earlier >.<
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Quote by williamdllr
God dammit.

you would post this THREE days after I spent all my money huh.

THREE DAYS!!!!

I would have bought this if you posted earlier >.<

Well it's still for sale.. What were you thinking of offering?
Quote by SimplyBen
This still about? How much would you take for it?

Well how much are you offering?

I hope to get about £350-400 for it, as I put in brand new tubes when I got it. But I'm willing to negotiate..

I might be having a guy look at it soon so I'll say in the thread what the guy says.
I'm interested but its not a firm promise so dont get too excited,

what is this amp best suited for?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Well how much are you offering?

I hope to get about £350-400 for it, as I put in brand new tubes when I got it. But I'm willing to negotiate..

I might be having a guy look at it soon so I'll say in the thread what the guy says.

Hmm, how about £300+ postage? It still needs the output tranny changing doesn't it?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
Hmm, how about £300+ postage? It still needs the output tranny changing doesn't it?

A guy at my dads work knows a lot about amps and I may be getting it replaced.. Sit tight. I'll update the thread with news.
Quote by CorduroyEW
Are you sure it's the OT? Has the amp been to a tech in order to test it?

It's definitely the OT.
Announcement: I have now discovered that the amp is 100% fine.

I was plugging it into a dodgy socket on my speaker cab and I only realized one year later (today).

It is still for sale
so now that it's working, what general price range are you looking to sell it for? I'm not particularly interested, but i bet a bunch of people would want to know
I'd like to get my total £550 back for what I paid for it in total after adding brand new tubes and not playing it for a year >.>

But that won't happen, so I'm taking offers.
also is it a 2 channel amp? and does it have seperate EQ for eachchannel or a joint EQ?
Page 1 of 2