im learning man in the box by alice in chains and when i listen to the song i hear a talk box kinda sound. is it from the bass or guitar?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Definitely guitar, but I can see why you might be thinking bass.

The sound during the verses does resemble a bass going through an envelope filter of some sort, but I'm pretty sure it's guitar running through a heil talkbox.

Talkbox on bass is something I have never heard. I'd think that it would work fairly well on higher notes (in the guitar range) with distortion but I think it could have problems on lower notes. Could make some intersting noises though
^ I'm pretty sure its a stationary wah or a q-zone or something like that, but either way, its guitar not bass
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
There are a couple different mixes of the song. One of them uses a talk box and the other a wah.

It is the guitar though. That is certain.
Quote by JacobTheMe
There are a couple different mixes of the song. One of them uses a talk box and the other a wah.

It is the guitar though. That is certain.

Fair enough. I know that Jerry doesn't use a talkbox at all live, at least not on the current tour or in any live video I've seen. Sounded immense live though, I think DuVall does it justice