So im pretty much in the market for a new outboard sound card/interface whatever. Im not really all that good with this stuff, so im gonna ask for advice here.
I need an outboeard interface so that i can move it from my houset to our band practice space and back. We are gonna use it for recording our songs, and since we only have 2 mics, 2 mic inputs are gonna be anough, since its unlikely that we are gonna be buying any more any time soon. And at home u would use it to run Guitar Rig and AmpliTube and other guitar modeling software and of course record my own ideas and songs.
So it should be able to do both, and i should be able to carry it around without much dificulty. I have pretty much narowed down my choice to these three, since they are all in the same price range, and i really dont have that much money to spend:

Lexicon Omega Studio = 159€

Yamaha Audiogram 6 = 158€

Tapco Link.usb = 155€

So, wich one would be better for me? And will me using Vista be a problem?
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Last edited by gorkyporky at Dec 22, 2009,
yamaha. Don't even consider the Tapco, ever.
Guitars-
krozka-sharpe raider session 'revo'
ibanez s520ex with SD TB-10 full shred bridge
ibanez sz520qm
epiphone les paul custom
epiphone EJ200

Amp-
Orange tiny terror with PPC112 cab
ok, no tapco then. But the Omega seems a better than the Yamaha (more inputs, midi)
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Get the Omega, you'll thank yourself later.

Edit: IF you haven't bought Amplitube yet, don't waste your money on it. Amplitube has the worst amp models of them. Get Line 6 Pod Farm over Amplitube, even if its not the Platinum edition (which you can upgrade to later)
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Last edited by lockwolf at Dec 23, 2009,
Quote by lockwolf
Get the Omega, you'll thank yourself later.

Edit: IF you haven't bought Amplitube yet, don't waste your money on it. Amplitube has the worst amp models of them. Get Line 6 Pod Farm over Amplitube, even if its not the Platinum edition (which you can upgrade to later)

I thought you needed a Line 6 interface to use Pod Farm.. no?
You can use Pod Farm without a line 6 interface but you need an ilok.
I'd say Omega.
I'm 19, a student, dirt poor, and spend way too much time on Guitar Forums.