Okay guys, I have a stupid question for you, I`m trying to build a distortion unit. (basic just for a school project) Which wire from the 9V battery to I connect to the Voltage Supply pin on the op amp and which one do I ground?
An experimental one, I`m using a LM 386 Op amp and I`m going to install a Pot into the gain loop and add a few tone capacitors and toss in a couple diodes on the output.

I`m trying to get a light harmonic distortion sound.

But right now I`m just trying to make sure the signal makes it through the op amp ok and I`ll worry about the rest from there.