Well, I've decided to get a Vox AC4TV, but I was wondering if it would be better to get the head or combo?
Definitely the head. The small speaker in the combo doesn't let the amp give you the full sound. If you have enough money, then buy the head and a avatar 212 cab. But then again combos are more convenient. They both have their perks but I'd say the head.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
If you already have a cab, then get the head. If not, get the combo. The whole idea is to have something small and cheap IMO.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

depends really. will you be gigging? or is it just for practice.
For gigging to be honest a half stack is obv the way to go.
Gear:

LTD MH250NT w/EMG's
Jackson DKMG
Peavey 6505 Head
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Yeah, getting the head lets u choose another cab if u get more money in the future and enjoy the full sound of ur head. But it's always a question of budget
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
Actually, there is really no reason at all to get the head.

The head and the combo is almost the same price, about 30 buck difference only.

And BOTH have speaker out. <------ Makes the head pointless. Combo rules!

Why would you want to get just the head unless it's for cosmetic reasons ?

The combo is identical to the head in every way except it has a built in 10 inch celestion and you're getting it real cheap, for like under 35 bucks.

I would go for the combo and get another cab when I feel like it.
Well there is the argument that by getting the head you can hook it up to a cab and push more air therefore getting a more fuller sound.

If you go the combo route I think it's definitely worth springing for the 10" speaker rather than the 8". For the same reason as above.

But in either case you won't go wrong with that Vox.
Quote by UnicronAlliance
Well there is the argument that by getting the head you can hook it up to a cab and push more air therefore getting a more fuller sound.

If you go the combo route I think it's definitely worth springing for the 10" speaker rather than the 8". For the same reason as above.

But in either case you won't go wrong with that Vox.

Errr... you can do the same with the combo. They're identical in output/input.
^ Yeah I know. Looking at it I should have said that.

But still answered the question...I think
the whole wave of "Mini Stacks" is starting to annoy me. the whole purpose of a small amp like at is for it to be a simple, economic practice amp. but now (almost) every small tube combo has a matching "Mini Stack" Equvalent.

Go for the 1x8 combo. if you really find that the sound is bland and does not sound good at all, buy a cabinet. then you'll still have the option of not draggin along a cab every time you go to jam with a friend.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.