I recently had a guitar customized with Lace Alumitone pickups. However, whenever I do an open palm mute or something, whenever I lift my hand to release the palm mute it gives off this metallic ringing sound, like someone ringing a bell. Is there any way to remove this?
Quote by Pyrotechie
I recently had a guitar customized with Lace Alumitone pickups. However, whenever I do an open palm mute or something, whenever I lift my hand to release the palm mute it gives off this metallic ringing sound, like someone ringing a bell. Is there any way to remove this?

Your pickups are in the Christmas Spirit
are you using amp distortion or a pedal? i had the same problem with my shoddy amp effects. i just switched to my pedal, which sounds better anyway. unless this happens without effects. then im clueless
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Could be that the pickups have become microphonic. (I believe that is the term)

If so, then you should get the pickups repotted.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by pmk1995
you could just be hitting harmonics

That sounds pretty logical, thanks.

Quote by Scutchington
Could be that the pickups have become microphonic. (I believe that is the term)

If so, then you should get the pickups repotted.

If I'm not mistaken, microphonic pickups are caused by slack windings. These Lace Alumitones are those new weird mother****ers that are made out of aluminum and stuff, doesn't really seem to have coils on them.