Traditional Doom Metal with dabbles in the epic part of the genre. Female fronted and quite good. Demo was released this year and the full length was released last month, but I haven't listened to it yet. Just placed my order, incredibly high hopes for this one. Judging from the demo, this band has a lot of potential and is certainly one to watch out for.

Fans of Solstice, Pagan Altar, Solitude Aeternus, etc. will enjoy.

http://www.myspace.com/ritualsoftheoak
i'm generally not a fan of female fronted bands but i love doom and this is awesome.
Remember listening to this band a while ago... the music is awesome, but I just can't help but feel that the female vocals hold back the band's greatness
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

This bands album is awesome. Honestly, one of my favorite doom albums this year.
Nothing is as good as the new While Heaven Wept though......
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Ah ya bastard Powerslave, was just about to make a thread about these guys! (and girl)

Hour of Judgment is a solid chunk of doom, and those booming female vocals are just completely stunning. Not the best, not the worst, just suits the music very well. Gooood music.
Quote by severed-metal
Ah ya bastard Powerslave, was just about to make a thread about these guys! (and girl)

Hour of Judgment is a solid chunk of doom, and those booming female vocals are just completely stunning. Not the best, not the worst, just suits the music very well. Gooood music.

I beat you by about a year. Great band, haven't listened to them in a while though.