looks like the guitar version of the telecoustic/stratacoustic, if im honest, and i hated both of those when i tried them(though for some odd reason my friend has one of each).

thats no reason to judge this bass at all, but i'd try it out first, if you're planning on buying it, it may be one of those instruments that work for some/not for others.

however, the concept of the bass is a bit dubious, and expecially with acoustic basses (where you really get what you pay for), its gonna be even more risky unless you try it first.
I've tried that one before. Not really a fan. Didn't sit right with me for some odd reason.
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
maple neck+ acoustic bass= clackatopia.

I'd rather have my classical guitar.

penguin boy said it all right on.

yay for guitarrons, the original (portable) acoustic low ender!!!!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by obeythepenguin
I clicked, and immediately had to close the tab before the gag reflex kicked in.

Same here.

I think acoustic basses in general are awful; this one looks particularly bad in my opinion. You'd definitely have to play it plugged, which to me defeats the purpose of the acoustic bass, not like you could even hear one unplugged.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

A compromise for guitarists screams poor research and understanding as to what makes a decent acoustic bass.

but that being said it gets points for interesting visual appeal IMO.
Sorry but I put accoustic basses in the same catagory as bass starter packs where the so called starter amps are as much use as chocolate fireguards.
I can see no point in these instruments because to be of any use whatsoever they need an amplifier.
I've played bass regularly accompanying accoustic guitarists always using my standard elctric bass through my 500 watt 15" combo (obviously low volume)
The money would be better spent on better existing gear
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by Rockingbird
I've tried that one before. Not really a fan. Didn't sit right with me for some odd reason.

Beyond the less than appealing sound, I have to concur with this gentlemen. My local carries these basses and they are really ungainly to play, esp if you are on the smaller side.
The only acoustic bass I've come across that I liked was my Epiphone El Capitan, It's a pretty cheap bass, plays great, and has decent volume compared to all other acoustics I've played.
The body can feel a bit awkward because it's so deep, but it's a solid bass.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPIEBC4
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Last edited by Hobble at Dec 26, 2009,