Page 1 of 2
Ok, so most people have heard of someone having a near death experience. It's like, something life threatening happened (i.e. surgery, getting shot, etc.) and then they see the proverbial light... Now this is supposedly heaven. Has anyone had a near death experience where they see hell? Like fire and such. Have there been any reports of this?

And before there are any comments, I am a Christian and damn proud of it. I don't care if this may offend someone, as I have never been one for political correctness.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Quote by CGB89
Ok, so most people have heard of someone having a near death experience. It's like, something life threatening happened (i.e. surgery, getting shot, etc.) and then they see the proverbial light... Now this is supposedly heaven. Has anyone had a near death experience where they see hell? Like fire and such. Have there been any reports of this?

And before there are any comments, I am a Christian and damn proud of it. I don't care if this may offend someone, as I have never been one for political correctness.

Actually, what happens is that your brain releases heavy doses of DMT, which account for those experiences. It seems you've also never been one to research this, and decided to ask the pit. :/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NDE#Biological_analysis_and_theories

And before there are any comments, I am an Agnostic and damn proud of it. I don't care if this may offend someone, as I have never been one for political correctness.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Dec 22, 2009,
I once accidently stepped on a searchbar, and it went right through my foot, it was lying buried in the sand on the beach, never being used.

Quote by Kensai

And before there are any comments, I am a Agnostic and damn proud of it. I don't care if this may offend someone, as I have never been one for political correctness.

Kjell's little brother???
The playground of the world
Quote by Kensai

And before there are any comments, I am a Agnostic and damn proud of it. I don't care if this may offend someone, as I have never been one for political correctness.

Im gonna be a grammar Nazi. It should be an Agnostic. And Agnostic is just the lazy man's Atheist.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Quote by CGB89
Im gonna be a grammar Nazi. It should be an Agnostic. And Agnostic is just the lazy man's Atheist.

I just refused to put in an apostrophe, on account of my laziness, which would also explain me turning to the Pit.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Quote by Eddie4President

Kjell's little brother???

Quote by CGB89

Yes, it should be an. I just coped TS last lines and replaced the word. And it's "I'm" not "Im".

And no, it's the other way around.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

And before there are any comments, I am an Agnostic and damn proud of it. I don't care if this may offend someone, as I have never been one for political correctness.

You rule.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Kensai

Didn't read all of OP, thought you had wrote that out and it just didn't seem like your usual kind of response.

To actually get back to the topic of the thread though, I almost fell off a ski lift once.
There have been several instances where I would have died if I had done something slightly different, but I never really notice...
All the 'near death' experiences are just that. 'Near' death. You havn't died, the reports of people being brain dead and seeing lights etc is more accurately describing things they saw AS the brain was dying and not when they'd died because amazingly enough, when the brain has shut down you don't think about much.

Keep in mind you're usually in surgery and thus on a load of drugs aswell as having a brain starved of oxygen. Pretty trippy but theres nothing supernatural about it.

oh yeah, edit: and i'm an atheist and damn proud of it and i don't care if logical thinking offends you.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Dec 22, 2009,
So nobody cares that the pineal gland secretes DMT when you're near-death, dead, or when you're asleep?
Well, I'll go back to fapping then.
I'm quite sure 90% of my "near death experiences" happened when I was too drunk to actually remember them. Though I do remember ruining a carpet once. It was only $20, and I paid it back with a 30 pack of Budweiser.
Quote by ieatu
So nobody cares that the pineal gland secretes DMT when you're near-death, dead, or when you're asleep?
If you fap too hard, you might experience the secretion of DMT. Yeah, you can die if you fap too hard. O_o I know, man, freaky!
Quote by CGB89

No, they deal with two completely different things. Atheism is a belief, comparable to any religious belief. Agnosticism is just not being an idiot, and acknowledging that you can't possibly know for sure. You can be both, or religious and Agnostic.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Eddie4President
Didn't read all of OP, thought you had wrote that out and it just didn't seem like your usual kind of response.

To actually get back to the topic of the thread though, I almost fell off a ski lift once.

I thought you thought his brother was called Agnostic.
Hey there.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
If you fap too hard, you might experience the secretion of DMT. Yeah, you can die if you fap too hard. O_o I know, man, freaky!

You don't have any idea what I'm talking about, I take it?
Quote by whalepudding
No, they deal with two completely different things. Atheism is a belief, comparable to any religious belief. Agnosticism is just not being an idiot, and acknowledging that you can't possibly know for sure. You can be both, or religious and Agnostic.

Atheism is not a belief, it is the lack of a belief in a deity/deities.
I regularly get visits from satan as I cross dangerous roads on my bike.

And before there are any comments, I am a satanist and damn proud of it. I don't care if this may offend someone, as I never been one for political correctness.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
i looked into all this after watching the film ghost.
seriously, it's a load of rubbish. people only see what they want to see and people from other religions see things relating to their own specific religions.

yes, there are people who have "witnessed" hell. it's all the usual "fire, brimestone" etc. and it tends to be atheists who witness this. they even get converted, which is a cheap way to start believing in relgion.

the whole thing with nde's is that it seems to be a reaction from the brain causing a lot of the stuff to happen (specifically the white light and tunnel). some of it could be due to the drugs people are taking and so on. it might be true, with an outside chance, and no one can really ever know, but the truth is to not waste your time on something that may or may not be right AND doesn't affect your life in any way otherwise.

but to answer you question more specifically, there's something called 13? minutes in hell or something. don't bother with it. some guy has a "vision" from what's not even a real nde and goes to hell in what's essentially a dream. he was a christian beforehand and conveniently had an experience that allowed him to write a book and milk it for all the money it's worth. the only real thing it has going for it is the fact that he supposedly managed to draw a picture of some creature similar to another guy that had the same experience.

but i read something about how a doctor witnessed a lot of patients having nde's and the majority of them had woken up as if they'd just come back from hell (i.e. their nde was based in hell). he was truely petrified. and there is a famous u.s. politician had an nde based in hell who is a converted christian.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by ieatu

i know what you're talking about.

i've never had a near death experience so i don't know, but i'll be trying DMT in a few days so i guess i'll know eventually.
one time my 2 year old cousin threw a knife at me, it scared the shit out of me. Does that count?
What? This is my sig...

Gear:

Guitar(s)
Silvertone: Revolver

Guitar FX
Boss ME:70

Amps/Speakers

Silvertone 15 watt amp
Logitech Practice Speakers

Cables
1 Neutrik 15ft cable
1 First Act 4 ft cable
i choked on a marble when i was six and almost died luckly i swallowed,

someone was watching and they could have helped me but they just stood and walked by the time my mom found me i already swallowed it

it was a very unconfortable week waiting to poop it out

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by ieatu
Actually, what happens is that your brain releases heavy doses of DMT, which account for those experiences. It seems you've also never been one to research this, and decided to ask the pit. :/

This man is correct.
.................. ....
Smells like fish
I almost drowned once, or so I was told. I was probably five or so. Must not have been very traumatic.

And before there are any comments, I am a Pagan and damn proud of it. I don't care if this may offend someone, as I never been one for political correctness.
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
I am an atheist and I am not trying to troll. This is a true story. When I was hit by a car I saw a glowing light with a man walking towards me. As he got closer I realized he was my dead grandpa. He asked if I accepted the God as my lord and savior and I told him no. He told me that he always expected me to become a heretic, but he never knew I would go so far as to turn down heaven. I told him I am not turning down heaven until I die. Not long after that I woke up in the hospital to find I was out for about 3 days. For some people this would cause an Epiphany but to me I just think it goes to show what our minds are capable of.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
Quote by Quite a few people
I am a [something] and damn proud of it. I don't care if this may offend someone, as I've never been one for political correctness.

New meme, Pit Monkeys?
Quote by ieatu

That is a completly unproven theory, you presenting it as fact makes you look stupid
I like how people take this into religious account... I was just wondering if anyone had seen fire or something when they almost died... I didn't ask for an explanation to what near-death experiences are caused by. Whether that may be a natural hormone in our body or some sort of divine intervention. I personally know a guy who had to have both of his lungs replaced due to drug abuse. He was an atheist and he said he died 3 times on the table, or so the doctors told him. The first two times, he said he heard a voice telling him everything would be alright, but the third time, he saw the light and said he was prepared to go.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
I drank a bottle of vodka one evening. Woke up next morning covered in bruises, cuts, mud and vomit. Not a 'near' death experience, but it could well have been death if I were more unlucky.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I was clinically dead as a new born baby, don't remeber any of it though.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever." 1984.
well i had a carcrash it was so close to being fatal, but anyway it was more a case of 'wut?'.... 'woah'
'WOAH'
'FUUUUUCK'

apparantly the brain functions for 15 minutes before death (unless you get you brains blown out lol)
WHen I was 2 my nose basically shut down, so I had to get surgery. Then about two hours before the procedure was supposed to start, my ______ (whichever passage way you take oxygen to tour lungs from) was clogged with mucus that was pushed down from my nose and I couldn't breathe. They quickly had to do some emergency surgery but I made it.

And I'm Agnostic AND Muslim! Suck owwwnnnn datttt bittches.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Two years ago (I was 28) I had a subarachnoid hemmorage, aka a brain aneurysm which burst, and bled several CC's into my brain. I should have died however for some reason I didn't. I experienced an incredible amount of pain but I didn't see any lights or heard any voices. I'm also a christian and proud of it, but near-death doesn't mean crap.
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Quote by gatechballer
WHen I was 2 my nose basically shut down, so I had to get surgery. Then about two hours before the procedure was supposed to start, my ______ (whichever passage way you take oxygen to tour lungs from) was clogged with mucus that was pushed down from my nose and I couldn't breathe. They quickly had to do some emergency surgery but I made it.

And I'm Agnostic AND Muslim! Suck owwwnnnn datttt bittches.

How the hell do you manage that?
Page 1 of 2