ok here's the story, im getting a digitech whammy for christmas and the only songs that i prety much know use a whammy are rage and a couple audioslave, and myb 1 or 2 muse,

so i am jus asking for your help as a group to post a reply to this thread with good songs that use a whammy pedal, cos i want to try and get the most from this, and love finding new bands,

thanks for the help in advance, taylor0714
Pantera, Radiohead, U2 and Thw White Stripes all have songs that use Whammy.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Joe Satriani-Searching
Kings of Leon-Closer

I find that the Whammy is most fun when youre figuring out your own cool things to do with it though.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
My Bloody Valentine uses Digitech Whammy, although you'll probably have to pair it with multiple effects (an understatement) and weird guitar playing and OCD (not the pedal) if you want it to sound like Kevin Shields' tone.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Audioslave - Like a Stone
Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the name

Two really famous ones.

EDIT: Never mind, didn't read the OP. You probably already know those.
Last edited by arpraron at Dec 22, 2009,
pantera has a few that use it. dime uses it along with a whammy bar to do squels.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
seven nation army, and alot of other white stripes songs
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by Sopheydood
My Bloody Valentine uses Digitech Whammy, although you'll probably have to pair it with multiple effects (an understatement) and weird guitar playing and OCD (not the pedal) if you want it to sound like Kevin Shields' tone.

What songs does Kevin Shields use the Whammy in? Ive read a good bit about him and listen to MBV, but I hadnt heard this before
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
What songs does Kevin Shields use the Whammy in? Ive read a good bit about him and listen to MBV, but I hadnt heard this before

I'm honestly not sure. Several places confirm that he uses it, just not where he uses it. The songs that sound like it has Digitech Whammy in it can be explained by his other octave/pitch shifting effects and stuff, so I have no idea.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Gilmour uses his a fair bit, i.e. Marooned
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
quite alot of heavy bands use it for some good sounding "pinches"
i dont really like this song but pray for plagues is a perfect example.
Gear:

LTD MH250NT w/EMG's
Jackson DKMG
Peavey 6505 Head
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2