Gear:

LTD MH250NT w/EMG's
Jackson DKMG
Peavey 6505 Head
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
price
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Last edited by kakos at Dec 22, 2009,
yeah i know. the ts808 is like 140 and ts9 100.
Explain? there must be a difference in sound etc?
Gear:

LTD MH250NT w/EMG's
Jackson DKMG
Peavey 6505 Head
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
ts808 is built more closely to the original, and has better components. IMO it sounds a lot better and is definitely worth the extra $40
soryr those figures are pounds. so £40. but yeah i get you.
Gear:

LTD MH250NT w/EMG's
Jackson DKMG
Peavey 6505 Head
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Though you can get a TS9, send it to Analogman for the vintage 808 mod for $70 and it'll come back sounding even better than the $140 TS 808.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
The current reissue TS808 is a TS9 with a JRC4558D Op Amp. The differance between the Original TS808's and the TS9 is in the output stage. To most guitarists ears (myself included), the TS9's output stage is more trebley and brittle than that of an original TS808.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
There are a million ****ing TS clones. Check out the Maxon OD808- by far the best and truest to the original tubescreamer (Because maxon used to actually build them for ibanez...)
^ The only problem with the Maxon 808 over the OD-9 is that the 808 has cheap PCB-mounted jacks and pots, which really sucks if you ever have to replace them.

However, if you don't care about that, they sound identical, so go for that.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.