I've searched for an hour or two and can't find anything on this, or I'm probably not using the right terms.

Me and a friend recorded a band a few months ago, and we've finally got everything mixed and mastered (to the best of my ability) and it's good enough (to them) to go on a cd. No, it's not amazing quality, these guys just wanna get themselves heard.

Anyways, I'm trying to figure out what kind of software handles that, and also will allow for letting the tracks flow into each other. A CD authoring program that's made for making an album basically.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm sick of this project being at a stand still, lol.
Maybe I'm missing something, but shouldn't you be able to just output the files from wherever you mixed them as .wavs, then burn them with any CD burning program that supports burning with no gap?

I know Nero can do the no gap thing, in the realm of the free CDburnerXP can, or at least says so, but when I try it on my machine it tells me my drive does not support gap-less burning, which is bull because I've done it before with Nero, back when I still had it.
You can export each track as a Wav file, convert them to MP3 and then create a playlist in Windows Media Player. Once you do that, you can burn the playlist onto a CD.

I would think you'd want to keep each track seperate...as that would enable you to jump to specific tracks on the CD. (just like a commercial CD) If it was all linked as one track, you'd have to fast forward or reverse to find a song.

What did you use to mixdown the original recording?
Do you have access to a mac? If so - Waveburner.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Afterhours
You can export each track as a Wav file, convert them to MP3 and then create a playlist in Windows Media Player. Once you do that, you can burn the playlist onto a CD.

I would think you'd want to keep each track seperate...as that would enable you to jump to specific tracks on the CD. (just like a commercial CD) If it was all linked as one track, you'd have to fast forward or reverse to find a song.

What did you use to mixdown the original recording?

This, but I think he wants a professional program that mixes the track to CD quality instead of MP3 quality, also something that will EQ the song before it is burned to the CD, cause when I convert my Reaper files to MP3 I loose alot of sound quality, just a fact of life when you convert to MP3.

TS, if you can help it, try to convert your songs to WMA or something similar, and make it have a 32bit float export rate, and set everything as high as you can get it, then burn the song to a CD in WMA format. It will keep better quality that way.
Why convert at all? Everything handles .wav files. They're the original going back to the early days of sound files on computers.
I think it's because you can't fit 14 Wav file songs onto a CD...........the files are too large.
.wav is CD's native format. 80 minutes of it fits on each CD, which is generally about 15-20 songs.

When you burn an audio CD that can be played on normal CD players, the software always converts everything to .wav before you burn. That's why I see no point in converting from .wav to mp3 or WMA, and then back to .wav again to burn.
Last edited by Blaster Bob at Dec 24, 2009,