So I recently became intrigued by the art of hypnosis... not so much as a stage act but as a forms of medication also. What are your thoughts on it? I was also thinking about reading up on some books about it, so if any of you know any good ones please let me know.

My main thoughts are how I find it interesting that despite the typical stage performance done it has real power in the real world. It isn't as practical as it was years ago but I still think there is something to it.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Make sure to learn Dream Eater also.

You fail... you sleep then dream eater.... not hypnosis.... psh amatuer
I think there are a lot of cool things we can do with our minds that are for the most part unexplored (or at least unpublicized). Hypnosis, lucid dreaming, meditation and a lot of others.
I was hypnotized one time at this show. One of the coolest experiences of my life.
All Hail Hypnotoad!
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Last edited by IbanezRGS at Dec 22, 2009,
I immediately thought of Jackpot.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Look up Isabella Valentine if u want some epic hypnosis done to yourself.

EDIT: Of course I was beaten to it.
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Quote by ehlert99
You fail... you sleep then dream eater.... not hypnosis.... psh amatuer

Hypnosis works, but you have to do most of the work (hypnotists even say this themselves, they just suggest these things, but you have to let your mind go and all), and let your mind go into it. My mind is too ****ed I'm always thinking logically and trying to disprove things in my head, so I can't be hypnotized, one of many though. I'd like to be able to be hypnotized, it seems cool, but meh. Oh well.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Make sure to learn Dream Eater also.
I knew it was coming, but first post? Nice job!
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Let's talk about the pointlessness of life.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.