Hey Bass Forum. Merry Christmas to you....or happy holidays to whatever you may celebrate. I was hoping you could help me out again.

So I have my prized Fender Jazz Aerodyne Bass, and I was thinking of putting a thumb rest on it. Between the neck adn pickup for a nice medium of thumb resting.....I paly on the P-pickup most of the time, but when I rest on teh neck, I feel like I always worry abotu hitting the E. So I was thinking of installing a thumb rest on, but I'm afraid it'll look tacky.

Any advice on yes or no?
Try adding more delay.
If it will help your playing, and the only reason you have against it is that it will look tacky, then put it on there.
I don't think they look bad, anyways.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by SOADrox429
If it will help your playing, and the only reason you have against it is that it will look tacky, then put it on there.
I don't think they look bad, anyways.

Ya, that's what I was thinking. It just seems funky to see somethign else on it because I'm so used to how it looks.

I'm also worried since it's an Aerodyne that it might not fit right. Because it's a jazz pickguard with a P-pickup. The manual (I bought one, if I don't put it on my Aerodyne, it'd go on the P-bass) has a layout for jazz, and for Precision, not Aerodyne. haha. I'll let the shop guy work with it.

Tammy - I do love the vintage bass look. haha.
Try adding more delay.
Doesnt matter how it looks its your playing. As long as you play the shit out of it people wont care..

Merry Christmas to you too...

or holidays.
Quote by telecastrmastr
Ya, that's what I was thinking. It just seems funky to see somethign else on it because I'm so used to how it looks.

I'm also worried since it's an Aerodyne that it might not fit right. Because it's a jazz pickguard with a P-pickup. The manual (I bought one, if I don't put it on my Aerodyne, it'd go on the P-bass) has a layout for jazz, and for Precision, not Aerodyne. haha. I'll let the shop guy work with it.

Tammy - I do love the vintage bass look. haha.

That could present a problem, but if you're taking it to a shop, I'm sure the guy there can figure something out.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up