Hey guys, I have a Vox VT15 amp. It's a 15 watt combo amp (tube+modeling hybrid), and sounds awesome. The only problem is it isn't loud enough for me to hear myself clearly over my bandmate's drums. Could you give me some suggestions for making myself louder? I was thinking an EQ or volume boost pedal of some sort.
Like David Gilmour?

Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Vox VT15
Alvarez Acoustic
Dunlop Jazz III Picks
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Take your pants off and swing your wiener around in circles.
i dont think that there's going to be any way to make a 15 watt amp any louder. if you want to be heard over drums, your best bet is going to be to probably go out and buy a louder amp.
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
Last edited by 2112swartz at Dec 22, 2009,
Turn the volume up?

Mic it to a P.A. System

Buy a new amp
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
Turn the volume up?

Mic it to a P.A. System

Buy a new amp

These are the only real solutions and the first one might not even be possible for you.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
You could angle the amp instead of having it flat on the floor. That won't help all that much though. Buying a pedal that'll give you volume will just degrade your tone with a solid state amp. It's possible but you're better off putting that money towards a bigger amp (and don't just get the same amp in a higher wattage, bad idea!)
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
A 15w SS just aint gonna cut it in the band environment. Cranking it or boosting it w a pedal is just going to make it clip harder which doesnt sound good in SS.

You need a bigger amp.
Tape the amp to the side of your head...

Or get a new amp.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
An EQ with a level knob would make it louder, but it might make it sound horrible as well as you're introducing more gain (volume) to the input stage, and thus you might cause the amp's transistors to clip (not a pleasant sound, I assure you).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
An EQ with a level knob would make it louder, but it might make it sound horrible as well as you're introducing more gain (volume) to the input stage, and thus you might cause the amp's transistors to clip (not a pleasant sound, I assure you).

I don't think it will get noticeably louder, it will more than likely just mush up.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!