Ok, basically, i've never restrung my acoustic and just snapped the high e, at the moment on my electric i like ernie balls regular slinky, so preferably similar feel but more importantly the sound. it is quite a sharp sounding acoustic so a nice whole sound aswell

Sorry if im being to picky

Cheers.
So you want a mellower sounding string for the acoustic ???
thin slice o skin
Don't buy any Ernie Ball acoustic strings. They make good electric strings and that is all.

Mellow sound and flexibility sounds like silk & steel strings to me. Martin makes a set, but apparently the ones made by John Pearse are really something special. I've personally only tried a guitar with the Martin silks on it, and they were too flexible for my tastes, but they sounded excellent.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
Mellower? DR Acoustic Rares
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Stay away from D'Addario phosphor bronze .12's if you want a mellow sound.
Quote by Kumanji
The only thing that matters in music these days is money - genuinely talented artists are passed over entirely or corraled into making non-offensive, non-threatening average music that sells.
Yeah, D'addarios are pretty bright. I'm pretty sure most major string manufacturers describe their string lines as either bright or mellow. Just jump around to a few and find mellow ones.
I'd reccomend some bronze strings - i have them on my acoustic and if you get the right set they'll sound great.. My acoustic has some fender factory strings on cause I haven't changed them over on the acoustic - but steel are too sharp on most acoustics so go for some bronze - i'm sure the others on this thread will tell you a good brand

HELLO!