So i need a new head, and I'm going to put it through a genz benz cab.
i have a Gibson V, and a warmoth custom with D'activators.
The two heads I'm looking at are the Krank Revolution or Peavey 6505.

Any suggestions on which i should get and why?

Btw, i play metal in a band, sorta like AILD and Darkest Hour.
Last edited by smexycody at Dec 22, 2009,
Good chance is that most of UG would recommend the 6505.

I personally prefer the Krank Rev... the sweep knob makes it a very versatile metal amp, but many people do not take the time to dial in the Sweep knob and the EQ.

Also many people dislike the voicing of Krank's amps.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Good chance is that most of UG would recommend the 6505.

I personally prefer the Krank Rev... the sweep knob makes it a very versatile metal amp, but many people do not take the time to dial in the Sweep knob and the EQ.

Also many people dislike the voicing of Krank's amps.

This. You can't really go wrong with a 6505... but definitely try out the Krank and take some time with it.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Im a bit more partial to the 6505, but the Rev can sound pretty sweet when you take some time to dial it in right. Try both out though, very different flavors of high gain.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
ya i probably will at GC here soon, and would running it through a genz benz cab affect the sound?
Quote by smexycody
ya i probably will at GC here soon, and would running it through a genz benz cab affect the sound?

Yes

Despite the hate towards Krank, their amps are actually quite responsive and sensitive to cab changes IMO.

As the others have mentioned, you really need sit down, understand how the Sweep affects and is affected by the EQ, how the EQ is affected and affects the Sweep, and then dial in some tones.

The interactivity of the Sweep and the EQ is the core reason that people who have tried it for half an hour hate it.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.