Who've had your wisdom teeth out, how long did the gaps bleed afterward? I got mine out this morning around 11am, it' now 11pm and I'm still spitting mouthfuls of blood... I'm getting concerned. I haven't eaten anything since the surgery so I know it's not food causing it... I have drank some water and taken some painkillers, but nothing else... I have gauze in my mouth to absorb the blood but there's quite a bit.
Am I overreacting??
What you cannot escape, you must fight; what you cannot fight, you must endure.
Should stop soon, don't do anything to bust the stitches though.
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
About a day. I put lots of gauze in there. Be careful with the gauze and stuff, don't let anything happen to the stitches or you'll bleed even more.
Last edited by skaterskagg1 at Dec 22, 2009,
Quote by ethan_hanus
About 4 hours, I think I had an awesome dentist, cause it completly healed up within a month and stoped takeing pain killer about a week after.

The hell?
I stopped painkillers after about 2 or 3 days. Everything was healed in a weak. The stitches dissolved after about 6 days.
A month? Surely you jest?
Quote by skaterskagg1
The hell?
I stopped painkillers after about 2 or 3 days. Everything was healed in a weak. The stitches dissolved after about 6 days.

I was thinking the same thing. I was back to eating normal food after about a week or so.

TS: You are probably fine. If it still seems like they are bleeding a lot tomorrow then I would call your dentist and ask if it is ok.
Whew, that makes me feel better. Damn, I didn't even know I had stitsches.

I'm really drugged right now.
I had mine out at thirteen, way too ****ing early. the first day they bled like crazy, but after it wasn't that bad.
Depends on the damage...mine was about a few weeks. I could feel the bone with my tongue though. So, Idk.
Quote by skaterskagg1
The hell?

Sorry, bad wording, I stoped taking pain killers about a week after I got my teeth pulled. I was forced to eat dry prime rib a day after my teeth got pulled, which didnt help the matter.
So, how long did it take you guys to eat solid food again? Christmas is so soon and I want turkey =[
I think I waited about a week to eat solid food, and even then I mostly stuck to softer foods at first. If you want turkey on Christmas just give it a try if you feel up to it.
Quote by Creamcheeze
So, how long did it take you guys to eat solid food again? Christmas is so soon and I want turkey =[

A weak at least. I ate scrambled eggs the next morning, but that probably wasn't a good idea. 5-7 days is what my doctor told me.
My sister and I got both ours out at the same time. I was back on solid food and back to work with zero complications in 3 days (no painkillers because of a codeine allergy). She didn't eat solid food for a week and got a dry socket so it took another week or so to heal fully.
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
Shit.
I'd kill to eat Christmas dinner but I'm really scared that the holes will get infected by food particles, same reason I haven't eaten in 24 hours. By the sound of your feedback, I think I'll skip it and drink instead.